Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Need to change plan while also changing account holder

We've just had the account holder move out of our house and need to switch it to another resident and at the same time we want to downgrade the plan. We need to do this urgently. I am aware of the change of account holder form and will send that in. Trying to change plans online returns an error. How can we downgrade our plan with call centres currently closed??

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Need to change plan while also changing account holder

did you get the current account holder to request the ROF. If not you will not be able to do it. the account holder must authorise it as its there account

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

The form actually accounts for their authorisation or the scenario when they cannot be contacted but in this case, yes, both of us have requested the change of account holder. I should have pointed out that it was the current account holder that received an error page when trying to downgrade the plan.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Ok, so I've emailed to try and change account holder and received no reply from Virgin. How long do we have to wait? We've already run into another month and are now paying more than we want as Virgin has made it impossible to change our plan. The outgoing account holder had a tv package on our account and we no longer use it but are still paying for it. Can I please get a way to speed up this process of changing account holders?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

dial 150 or 0345 454 1111 and follow the prompts to - 'thinking of leaving us' - then "technical issues" - dont worry about that they do much more - open 8am -10pm 7 days a week - should take you to a UK call centre

it cannot be done on line - you need the account details to take it forward - if you are in contract there will be early termination fees on what you want removing and it will start a new contract

you will also lose package discounts so you might be better keeping the TV part but downgrading it as much as possible

Tony
0 Kudos