Menu
ellarose1234
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Need to cancel New Package

I need to cancel the new package I was talked into. Having read through it I now realise if I leave before 18 months it will cost a fortune. I want to go back to my old package but letters not replied to and can't get through on the phone. What's next? How do I get in touch with someone please?

0 Kudos
ellarose1234
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Need to cancel New Package

I have managed to get in touch and it seems they can be of no help. Either cancel completely (after using them for 20 years ) or pay the £240 it's going to cost me. They don't have a contract for less than 18 months and as I can't transfer to Jersey C.I. as they have no services there...I'm b******d! 

0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your post and welcome to the Community Forums, ellarose1234,

Apologies for the delayed response, if this is a new package change that took place within 14 days then you will have the option to remove the contract. Our records indicate that this has already resolved by our phone teams. Let us know if you need any further help.

Cheers,
Corey C

0 Kudos
ellarose1234
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

There was no need for all the fuss. I was told I could not change it...end of story as far as Virgin was concerned. I had cancelled it by email on the day I received the new contract and realised it was a problem. The email was not answered. Eventually after about three phone calls I was put through to the cancellation department having told them the whole story, they said I would not have to repeat all that information Of course when I got through no one had any idea what I was talking about, which didn't help, The cancellation dept told me I couldn't change anything even though the girl helping me asked twice for help from her superiors. After yet another phone call they admitted I had over a week to go during which time I could cancel. It was a very unpleasant experience and one I wouldn't like to go through again. I felt I was being bullied into doing something I didn't want to do and had no control over. I'm 80 but not daft! 

0 Kudos