cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to amend the name on my direct debit, but first bill date not until the 29th of September

faizan
Tuning in

Possible to change the details before the bill date, or will I have to wait for the bill date to change them? 

For context, I'm the account holder (as my parents aren't good with technology and such so I decided to do the sign up for them and everything). They however wanted to pay for the service, so I input their details (along with their name) on the direct debit. 

I've got an email today where it gave me the direct debit confirmation, but for the bank account holder name it was under my name, which is incorrect as it should've been under my fathers. I'd like to change it to his, so is that possible? 

Or would this even create any issues in the future if I just left it as is? Thanks

5 REPLIES 5

Daniel_Et
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @faizan 👋 Thank you for your query and welcome to the Virgin Media Community 😀

You can change the Direct Debit details by following these steps:

1. Sign in to My Virgin Media
2. Select "My Bills"
3. Select the "Overview" tab
4. In the "Your Direct Debit" area, select "Change Payment Method"
5. Select "Change Direct Debit" details

If you encounter any problems, please don't hesitate to pop back to us.

Regards,
Daniel

Hiya,

As mentioned in the post, I can't access that page as I do not have my bill yet (it'll be my first bill) which will be on the 29th of september. from what i understand i'd be able to change it on the site on that date and after. however i'd like to change it before to avoid potential complications.

i have went through chat and phone, however both take far too long. can anyone here do something about it? it would just be a simple name change on the direct debit. thank you.

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @faizan 

Thanks for your response

Unfortunately, due to security reasons we would be unable to do this for you via here. We'll need you to contact the team on 150 or 0345 454 1111 and our team will be able to have this resolved for you 

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

The number leads me nowhere and I have the same issue. I tried every option on the dial and it leads to no help. I need to change the name asap as my package arrives Tommorow.

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

I can appreciate the frustration caused KhanMW.

Welcome to the community.

Unfortunately we'd be unable to complete this process via forums.

Have you been able to get through since posting?

Regards,

Kain