Menu
LenG
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Need help with delayed installation

I ordered a Virgin Media bundle of phone, broadband, mobile and TV to replace services by 4 separate providers.  I was given an installation date and cancelled the other services on that basis (except mobile which was started immediately).  Then the installation team discovered that there was a break in the ducting which required roadworks and informed me there would be a 6-8 week delay.  This was a few days before the planned installation date - I would have had more warning had there not been 3 or 4 missed or unproductive visits by the ducting team.

Sky have cut off my TV service and taken back their equipment.  For reasons I do not understand I still have phone and PlusNet broadband but I don't know how long for and I don't really want to ask in case they wake up and disconnect me.

I have had a couple of long SMS exchanges where it has been suggested that perhaps some sort of Wifi hotspot could be provided.  I have been promised phone calls within 24 hours to discuss this but these have never occurred.  I have reset my mobile contact number in case it was somehow wrong and attempted to make SMS contact again.  After waiting at the "Hold Fire - We're getting you connected" message for 5 hours today I finally received a reply but the SMS system timed me out while I was writing a note explaining my problem.

I am rapidly running out of patience.  At 68 I am fairly reliant on my PC for outside contact, shopping etc.  While I understand that Covid is making life difficult I feel the current service being offered by CS is woefully inadequate.  You cannot phone in directly and SMS is so slow as to be useless.  With no email contact address I am forced to attempt to make contact through these forums.  I even had to use the forums to change my phone number because the site does not allow me to do that through "My Profile".

I'm seriously wondering if I would do better to cancel my order and see if I can pick up with PlusNet and BT before they cut me off.

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Need help with delayed installation

Hi @LenG

Thanks for posting. 

My apologies for the delayed reply and indeed the install delay. I fully appreciate it's important especially in these times to stay connected. 

I've checked the systems and can see you've spoke to the team regarding this. Construction does have a 6-8 week timescale depending on the work needed. I can also see you've ordered a MiFi dongle in the interim.

For further information or if you need to check in, please call our pre-installs team on 0800 052 1734 and they'll be able to assist further on this

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
LenG
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Oddly this morning I noticed that the one.network roadworks monitoring site says that Virgin will be digging up the pavement outside my house between 16th and the 18th to install a 5m tee.  I assume this is something to do with the connection they will have to cut up my drive at some stage but I have not heard anything from VM about the works.

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi @LenG

This sounds right if it's relating to a tee. 

The team would be in touch when they've got all the knowledge of dates etc for you don't worry 🙂

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
LenG
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@John_GS

Well, an installation team turned up, kicked up the gravel on my neighbour's side of the dividing line and commented it would be much easier to run the necessary cable through that then futzed around a bit discussing property lines and rights of way and complaining that the picture of the working area they had seen was misleading and should have given a broader view.  Then they left without doing anything.  I might add that if I had not seen roadworks flagged outside my premises on the one.network site (which lists roadworks) there arrival would have been completely unexpected.

I've stuck a note through my next door neighbour's letterbox (he is in covid-test-positive isolation at the moment) to see if he would allow the use of the edge of his gravel bed but even if he agrees I am ... uncomfortable ... at the thought.  After all, what happens if he moves?  The alternative involves cutting a slot in my (tarmac) drive.  I can see that it is considerably more work in the short term but it is also simpler in the long.  I really think some sort of surveyor/engineer needs to have a look and a chat ... this is the third time that a team of workmen have turned up and decided the job was out of their remit or could not be accomplished.  Is there any way to arrange that - preferrably without having to spend another day hanging on the phone and repeatedly identifying myself over SMS etc.

0 Kudos
Natalie_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi LenG 

Thank you for getting back in touch. 

I have taken a look from our side and can see that notes have been added to the account off the back of the visit. 

To discuss the notes, I will just need to pop you over a private message to confirm a few details. This message will be available via the purple envelope on the top right of this page. 

Speak soon 

Nat
0 Kudos