Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Need Help - Can't Access Primary Account

Please help.

I am the primary account holder, but haven't accessed my account for years. My mother is the secondary account holder, but can't use the full functionality, so wants me to log in. Unfortunately I can't remember my password.

I have tried to reset my password by answering the security questions, but it comes up saying I've got them wrong. I've also tried to follow the link for forgetting security answers and even though I have entered all the correct information from my mother's last bill it's still saying my answers are wrong.

The details I have which are definitely correct are:

• The email address I had registered (a blue yonder one)
  • The Account Number
  • The Area Code
  • All the details on my mother's last bill - ie Date, Amount etc
  • The secondary account email address and password

I tried ringing Virgin, but got cut-off after 45 minutes 😥

I really need to access my account quite urgently, please can someone help me in resetting my password?!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Need Help - Can't Access Primary Account

I had the same problem today 

by any chance did you get a letter confirming an email address has been used in spam activity?

i tried the same steps as you did and it wouldn’t let me into the account I had to phone VM took 50 min to get through and they re set the password on there end

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi smog-gobbler

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. My apologies for the email issue. Just to clarify something, who's the account holder of the Virgin Media account, what is the name on it? Is it you, or your Mum please?

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

My mother is the named account holder, but for some reason (I can't remember why!) it's set me up as the primary account holder when we log in online. It should really be my mother as primary holder, but as long as I can access my account online we can work around that.

Thanks for your help!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Can you get her to post on the forums? We'd need to speak with the account holder of the account the email is associated with to sort this out 🙂

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Managed to get through on the phone line today whilst I was with my Mother, so now have got my password reset. 

Thanks for all your help 👍

Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Glad to hear it smog-gobbler thanks for keeping us posted. Please let us know if there's anything else we can help with.

Tom 

0 Kudos