cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Name on refund cheque and charge for equipment

LMHodgetts
Joining in

We left Virgin when we moved home in July as the service is not available in our new post code. I have received two refund cheques but cannot pay them in at the bank as they are in my married name. I have tried emailing the home moving team and have had no response. Also, we were charged for the cost of not returning our equipment. We were asked to leave it by the owner of our new home who needed to get online ASAP for work when he moved in. I was told that this was fine to do but have still been charged for the hub.

2 REPLIES 2

Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi LMHodgetts, 

Thanks for using the forums to get this issue with your cheque refunds and equipment return looked into, I am sorry if this has been causing some frustration. I would be more than happy to look into this for you.

Lets just go through your equipment return aspect - The way you've explained it was not the right process unfortunately, the new customer that was moving into the property wouldn't have been able to use the equipment anyway as it wouldn't have been provisioned on their own account. I am sorry if you were told this would be fine to do, I've added a link here 👉 Returning your Equipment - For anyone else who might want to know what the correct procedure is.

As for your cheque refund, I can get your correct details sent off to the refund team, they will amend the info and send out another cheque with the right name on 😊

I'll send you a PM now to ask for more information on this.

Speak to you soon!

Megan_L

Hi and thank you for your response. With regard to the equipment, yes we were told that this would be fine to do but we were also told that the new owner of the property would be able to take over our account, which was also incorrect. It isn't our fault if the staff at the call centre don't know the procedure. Yes, please do PM me and I will give you the details.