cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mysterious new order

Billy77
On our wavelength

Activated a new 18 month contract beginning of 4th August. Received all the documents, first bill generated fine. All looking good. Then bang! yesterday I get an email saying a new order has been activated, new bill generated. double the price. I didn't authorise this new order. New package states "no new services have been added", "no services have been removed", it's just been put through as a new order with double the price. Been on the phone but they can't do anything about it because the new order was placed and it's above the price to add discount.

How can this happen?

4 REPLIES 4

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Billy77,

Thanks for your post and welcome back to the community.

Sorry to hear about the issues with your package, can I ask regarding this package, does it advise of a new contract term?

Also has anything changed at all?

Regards,

Kain

Billy77
On our wavelength

My previous contract which I authorised before, was created 5th August. 18 month. I was aware my price would go up on the 19th month. However this new contract, starting 17th August, begins with this 19th month price. As I say, I didn't authorise a new order or a new contract. Even received an email yesterday saying:-

"You're in! Thanks for placing your order with Virgin Media.

We are pleased to confirm your request has now been fully actioned and your special bundle offer of <input offer e.g. 2 for £20> has been applied, saving you even more money than you thought on your Virgin Media services."

I didn't order this. Package is still the same, nothing added, nothing removed.

Billy77
On our wavelength

Also when I was on the phone to support they asked for my live chat transcripts from yesterday, I didn't contact live chat at all. As I didn't activate this new order. I have all PDF's of all my contracts handy if needed.

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for getting back to us,

Whilst on forums we can't offer or run through any package negotiations, to investigate this matter I've dropped you a PM.

The message will appear within the envelope icon.

Regards,

Kain