cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MyVM online account registration (multiple issues)

ModTeam

Hi,

We have recently made some changes in the background for MyVM online account and unfortunately this is causing problems for some customers who are trying to register a new account with us.

Due to the increased number of issues and different error messages and we have been working with our Technical and Support Teams to get to the bottom of it with a fix and have rolled back the change. However we're aware that some "niggles" are still there and we're working on them.

Current MYVM Issues update:

1. Move and Transfer customers cannot register online account – Fix has been deployed and customers should be able to register
  2. Account registration and passwords not accepted - Technical Team still looking into this and we'll update with more information. Update 9th Jun: 
    Fixes were rolled out to address the passwords not being accepted. We've also rolled back the password changes which allowed customers to use a more complex password. We've rolled this back to the old password criteria temporarily.
  3. DEF01 errors - Technical Team still looking into this and we'll update with more information. Update 17th June: a fix has been rolled out to address this issue in the majority of instances.

We're sorry for the inconvenience caused and we are escalating and passing examples over to the various Teams to help them with their investigations.

Warm Regards,

ModTeam

38 REPLIES 38

TheWitch
Tuning in

Had a name change on our account due to a death, trying to register for a media account says I have an account already, ask to reset the password and it says email address not registered.  What do I do as fed up of going round in circles 

NikTheGeek
Dialled in

10th July and I can't login. I can login to email fine, but not to manage my account. But then I did set up a complex password instead of the rubbish 8-10 character one and setup biometrics. If you have rolled something back, is that why I can't login?

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi NikTheGeek, 

Thank you for your post on the thread. 

We are sorry to hear you are having problems accessing the account.

Can you please expand on what happens when you attempt to login? Is there an error message at all?

Thanks, 

Nat

I can login to email fine

When I try to login to my account settings, I don't get an error message, I just get the spinning VM logo forever. Not browser related as I've tried Edge, Chrome and Firefox. Not device related as I've tried a tablet, a PC and a phone. Its not network related as I've tried via wifi, ethernet AND GSM via the 3 network. Its not account related as I can login to my webmail.

But no error message. I just simply can't login.

Eh?

It's nothing to do with email. I said I can log in to my email fine (I'm missing thousands, but that's a separate issue). I can't login to manage my account.

NikTheGeek
Dialled in

NikTheGeek_0-1689068374618.png

This is all I get when I try to login.

If it makes a difference, I have a blueyonder email address and was using a complex password with windows biometrics. I notice you have ditched the complex password option and gone back to the 8-10 character password. However, I can login to email fine...

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

My apologies for my confusion. 

We are also aware of the issue when attempting to login to your Virgin Media account. 

This has been logged with our IT team and they are currently working to get it resolved as quickly as possible. 

Thanks, 

Nat

mjen23
Settling in

Hi, Ive recently joined, tried to set up an account and get the error "Sorry, there was a problem registering that password. Please choose a different one."

I have followed all the steps on other posts (different browser, clear cache etc, different devices, short, long, complex, simple passwords) and nothing works.

The service for me is not suitable if I don't have easy account management online, please advise

Hi @mjen23,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm so sorry to hear you're struggling to set up an online account. Is there a + symbol in your registration email? If so, you'll need to use a different email address.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!