cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My partner left and I need to change account into my name

ElenaC
Joining in

Hi everyone, I am new here and not sure whether this was already discussed.

My partner and I broke up just a few days ago. He left and I can no longer get a hold of him. His phone is just not ringing. He struggled with payments for Virgin for a few months now and I had to pay with my credit card. For the last bill, he gave them my credit card details again with my agreement. However, this month huge bill came automatically on my credit card pushing me outside of my limit. I did not give my consent to Virgin to make my credit card a default payment. Since I still live in our house I still need Virgin services. But I can't take over the account because I only know the account number and area number. My ex-partner did not provide me with any details when he left. I can't access the account however, the bills come from my credit card. I know that I can't discuss this with Virgin customer service as they will just tell me that they need a password, which I don't have! I tried to contact them on my partner's behalf before when he disappeared and they could not help me because I did not have the account's full details. Can Virgin trace the payment transaction from my credit card to confirm my identity as a user of their services and prove that I live at the property and transfer the account to me? 

4 REPLIES 4

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there ElenaC,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community.

Many apologies for the issues faced.

With regards to this is this just a Media account or Mobile combined?

Let us know,

Kain

Hi Kain, 

Thank you for your response. Just a Media account.

Hi ElenaC, thanks for getting back to us.

Sadly, if you're unable to clear account security, we would not be able to discuss anything related to the Virgin Media account, for security reasons.  In regards to your card, I would recommend giving your bank a call, to discuss your options.

I am sorry we cannot offer any further specific advice.  I hope you get the best resolution for you.

Regards

Lee_R

Ashelywilliam
Just joined

[…] My boyfriend is mine again after 2 months of breakup, Greatly appreciated. Thank you... Amendbrokenrelationship @t gmail.....com […]