cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My package has changed without me knowing

Lulu06
Joining in

In July my package was talk weekends, full house tv xl, tv v6 box, m350 broadband and line rental. In August the price went up and my package is now talk weekends, tv v6 box, maxit tv, m350 fibre broadband, telephone line rental and kids pack.

I don’t have any young kids so I don’t know why I got that. I have tried to contact virgin media but no response. I didn’t change it my contract had expired but I wasn’t told about this. I can’t change anything as it keeps coming up as ooops something is wrong. 
can anyone please help me.

4 REPLIES 4

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @Lulu06 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome back to the community forums, its great to have you with us.

I am so sorry that you have faced this issue with your package. Can I ask if you have made any changes with your package at all prior to this? 

No I am unable to get into updating my package. It keeps coming up as ooops something is wrong.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Lulu06 

The Kids channels were included as part of the now obsolete XL TV bundle. 

VM move customers from the obsolete bundles to the nearest equivalent bundle which is currently the Maxit TV bundle.

Maxit TV doesn't include the extra Kids channels that were available in the XL bundle so VM willl have added the Kids Collection which is normally priced at £5 extra per month to the Maxit bundle for free instead of charging you extra, so you can continue watching the channels that were available in the XL tier.

The price probably gone up in August because you will have been reciving a discount which has now ended. 

Each bill and  billing related email you receive advise of any discounts you are receiving and when they will end.  You can also check this information by signing into My Virgin Media and  checking your bills and contract there.

The quickest contact method is by calling either 150 from a VM landline or mobile, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone, call around 8am if possible when lines first open and are least busy.  Select options 1,4 and 4 (retentions - thinking of leaving) and you should be able to negotiate a new package/price with them.

You can also speak to the team on WhatsApp on 0730 532 7112 but this method can take 4 to 6 hours as phone calls take priority.

You can also try logging into https://www.virginmedia.com/my-virgin-media  and after clicking on upgrade package, even though you are seeing an oops error there may and also possibly a link to the online chat messenger service, although again this can take 4 to 6 hours as phone calls take priority.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Lulu06,

Thank you for advising you haven't made any changes yourself, from time to time we do change the package to match our latest offerings, when this happens it is like for like with no contract changes, this happens when the name of the package changes for instance the full house is the old name for our Maxit TV package.

I will be more than happy top take a closer look for you, I will send you an invite into a private chat, please look out for the white envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.