Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

My entire street is able to receive Virgin broadband but my property isn't listed in the postcode check

Hi there,

Before I begin I want to say that my issue is eerily similar to the one posted here (https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Managing-Your-Account-Cable/Cable-in-my-street-but-checker-sayi...) which took over a year to resolve so please read through it as it should highlight any issues that could potentially crop up and delay installation.

I moved into a new build in a small block of flats over a year ago now. At the time I wanted to sign up to virgin broadband just as I had at my old property. When using the broadband postcode checker I found every property on my road listed as being able to receive up to 500mb speeds from Virgin... except for mine (and my neighbouring flats) that weren't even listed. I phoned up support to ask what the issue was and they said it was due to the flats being brand new and that I should fill out a request form with my address details so it could be added. I did this multiple times and have never received a response.

It is now over a year later and my property is still not listed. I can use a postcode lookup on any other website and my address is on there. What exactly do I need to do to not only to have it added but to also have my property connected to virgin services? I mean this in terms of any permissions I need to receive, forms I need to fill, people I need to talk to, etc.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: My entire street is able to receive Virgin broadband but my property isn't listed in the postcode che

Hi there

Let me take a look for you.

If you can private message me your full address I’ll see what I can do to help

Many thanks 

Christy

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: My entire street is able to receive Virgin broadband but my property isn't listed in the postcode che

Thanks Christy, I've sent you a message with the details.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Christy,

I haven't heard anything back, is there an update on this. Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi there

Sorry for the delayed response. 

I will pop you another private message now.

Thanks

Christy

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos