Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

My contract not cancelled

I agreed to renew my contract on 27th November. On the same day I changed my mind and cancelled the contract. I cancelled the DD and awaited your final bill.

Today I looked on my account and the contract has been renewed on 9th Dec and not to my knowledge.

I called you and you say I did not make the second call cancelling. You say I renewed on 9th Dec. This is not true. I cancelled and am awaiting final balance. My account now says I owe 2 months. I disconnected all virgin equipment on Dec 1st and have not used it as I now have sky.

I have been told by you via phone that I signed new contract on 9th Dec which is not true. They said I can cancel but I will have to pay £200ish to cancel. I have already cancelled so the cancellation is not required as I haven't got a contract with you. 

I need help before I go to Ombudsman and press as there is no way I am being called a liar when you say:

1. I did not make the call, and

2. then get told I need to pay £200 ish to cancel a contract I did not sign.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: My contract not cancelled

The "ombudsman" is CISAS for VM.  They do a similar job, and like Ombudsman Services, all costs are paid by the company not the customer, but you must search and follow both the company's complaint procedure, allow the company time to sort it out.  And if appealing to CISAS you have to do so within their terms of reference, which can be read on line.  Note that going through VM's complaint process and escalating to CISAS is not a difficult thing, but it is SLOW process.

If you're lucky the forum staff can intervene and sort this out - that is your quickest and easiest resolution - but because you cancelled the direct debit and VM think you've defaulted, you must check your credit history, and if necessary require VM to post a correction on your credit record.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: My contract not cancelled

Good Morning athersmith,

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums ans I'm very sorry to see that you've been having issues with the cancellation of your account

I'd be happy to look into this for you to see if there's anything I can do for you

Please check out the purple envelope in the top right hand corner for a PM from me

Kindest regards,

David_Bn 

0 Kudos