Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

My contract has not been cancelled, despite cancellation on the phone.

I have just received my ebill , much to my surprise.

On march 13th I contacted your call centre and had my contract cancelled because I was moving house.  The agent on the phone confirmed the cancellation.

I have received no further confirmation of this at my account page does not reflect the change in status.

I have cancelled my direct debit so this incorrect bill will not be repaid.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: My contract has not been cancelled, despite cancellation on the phone.

Hello

With regards to account issues I am afraid they cannot be dealt with in the forum.

Due to the current situation there is a text message only service is available via: 07533051809 Just send a text with the issue you are facing and someone will get back to you as soon as they can. Please bear in mind at this time this service does also have a high load and may take quite some time getting back to you.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I just called, and my account has been locked because I dont know my account password.  

Which is not the same as the account password used to manage my online account.

So now my security recovery information is being sent out over the post to my old address where I no longer live!

Useless, totally ineffective useless idiots.

I'm going to leave my direct debit cancelled and you can just terminate the service I'm no longer using.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Well-informed
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

If you cancelled on 13 March then your contract won't end until 13th April. If a bill is due in this timeframe then you will be due to pay a full month's charge and will then get a refund for the difference once the account closed.

By cancelling your direct debit you will be in default and be chased for the outstanding amount, possibly by debt collectors, and will certainly see damage to your credit rating.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Well the DD stays cancelled.

If the contract cancellation happens on the 13th as you say it will then I will make the payment manually.

I've no idea how to reset my account password as the reset instructions will be going to my old address.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

So, it's the 14th.

I have had no cancellation notification .

You call centres are closed.

I have instead paid HALF of my bill for April.   Given that my contract is now terminated , my 30 days notice period having elapsed, should leave my account slightly in credit. 

I will not be paying you any further money.  I contact you and gave my notice as required by your processes (the only process by the way, you cant do it online).

0 Kudos