cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My complaint has been with Virgin Media for 7 weeks

wotcher
Joining in

I moved home and had the usual palaver even getting hold of Virgin to inform them of this and get the move set up. I was without wifi for some days in my new home. Not the end of the world though.

The gentleman who helped me with the move informed me that as I was moving area I would have to start a "new" contract, which would mean the price would go up. However, each month I would be credited back the difference, and the contract would effectively continue at the price I had been paying until the culmination of the contract. He also stated the set up fee would be waived, as I wasn't a new customer. 

Fast forward to my first bill after my move, and it is at a new (higher) price and includes the expensive set up fee. I tried unsuccessfully to get hold of Virgin Media via phone and chat regularly for a month with no luck, and when my next (still higher price) bill came around, I decided I had no choice but to submit a complaint since I couldn't speak to anyone about it.

As I understand, if your complaint isn't resolved with eight weeks, you may contact the Comms Ombudsman service. They have one more week to resolve my complaint, but it's just sitting there ticking away with no progress and no contact from Virgin (it's logged as I can track it via the automated reply I received when I submitted it). I really need this resolved because each month the refund I'm entitled to grows - I'm not made of money!

Has anyone taken an unresolved complaint to the Ombudsman service before and can offer me advice?

Would someone from Virgin Media like to reply to me before I am entitled to raise a dispute with the Ombudsman service?

2 REPLIES 2

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @wotcher 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the community forums, it's great to have you here. 

I am so sorry that you have experienced this issue after your move and I can fully understand your frustrations, I'd be happy to take a closer look into this with you via a private message. I will pop you a PM across now, please keep an eye out for the envelope at the top of your screen alerting you to a new message.

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi again @wotcher 

Thank you for chatting with me via the PM and I am so glad that we have been able to arrange a resolution here. 

Please do pop back to the forums again in the future should you need any help and we will do all we can to assist.