Menu
Helphelphelp123
Tuning in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

My complaint from October 2020 seemingly ignored

How can I get this fixed before my option to quit Virgin Media ends in late February 2021 please?

Picture and sound breaking up - sometimes no reception at all - first contacted VM February 2020 - i have an official complaint number COM104308907 dated by VM 27 October 2020 - nothing appears to have been done - believe it might well be a poor signal in the first place, box needs renewing, or the old Telewest connection in the wall, or engineer advice/visit - no relevant communications from VM, just Bot, Bot Bot and Bot.

Anyone out there who can assist please? And, yes, I've tried all the basic actions like rebooting on many occasions.

also, where do i email to cancel my subscription?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
carl_pearce
Superstar
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: My complaint from October 2020 seemingly ignored

@Helphelphelp123 wrote:

How can I get this fixed before my option to quit Virgin Media ends in late February 2021 please?

Picture and sound breaking up - sometimes no reception at all - first contacted VM February 2020 - i have an official complaint number COM104308907 dated by VM 27 October 2020 - nothing appears to have been done - believe it might well be a poor signal in the first place, box needs renewing, or the old Telewest connection in the wall, or engineer advice/visit - no relevant communications from VM, just Bot, Bot Bot and Bot.

Anyone out there who can assist please? And, yes, I've tried all the basic actions like rebooting on many occasions.

also, where do i email to cancel my subscription?

You don't:

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/the-legal-stuff/terms-and-conditions-for-fibre-optic-services#end 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I can see from your posts that you added to one of the "mega-threads" last year, but this can be the problem with doing so rather than starting your own post - it's hard to tell the wood from the trees in those posts, and genuine issues can too easily get lost in the noise.

You're correct to think that you are very likely to have a poor signal issue, and that's most likely to only be remedied by proper invesigation by a VM engineer and/or a replacement box.

Have you ever called faults to report this issue? For reasons already explained, I wouldn't normally consider adding "me too" to a long-running thread as the best way to report service issues.

Unfortunately, now you have an open complaint, it does inherently limit the extent to which forum staff can get involved in your issues.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Lisa_CC
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hey there Helphelphelp123 and I'm sorry to hear about the picture and sound issue you're experiencing. We're unable to arrange cancellations or package changes on this Technical Forum but I've managed to find your details using the information we have on here and can see some tuner input errors which will need an engineer to take a look. I've arranged a tech visit for you and you can see the details via your online account  where you may re-arrange it if necessary.

Do let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Lisa

Helphelphelp123
Tuning in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hello, firstly, thank you to to Carl, JA Pitt’s and Lisa for responding to my concerns, I am feeling more encouraged now.

I can log in to My Online Account but cannot find where the appointment message stated by Lisa can be accessed.

Can anyone on duty advise me please? Thank you, Gail

0 Kudos
Lisa_CC
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Gail, there may be a delay in our system updating your online account but I'll send you a Private Message to confirm the date 🙂

Thanks,

Lisa

Helphelphelp123
Tuning in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thank you Lisa

I am delighted you have been able to arrange this for us, the time and date are fine.

Of course I will let you know how it proceeds, it will feel good to be able to post a positive message on here.

Gail

0 Kudos
Lisa_CC
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

No problem Gail. I'm sorry it's taken us a while to get back to you since your first post in a different thread and whilst we don't reply to all posts immediately, we do make sure we reply back to everyone where necessary. Do pop back on this Forum if there is anything else we can help you with and hope it's an easy fix for our engineer.

Thanks,

Lisa

Helphelphelp123
Tuning in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Phew!! It's taken some time and plenty of dead ends but I have had  a visit (visitation?) from an engineer two weeks back; everything is appearing fine at present.

Thank you to the Virgin Media staff who eventually took my concerns seriously, and thankfully goodbye to Bot - at least for a while - and the endless circles.

Dig in there, customers.

0 Kudos
SickofBranson
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Are you getting any compensation? You really should.
0 Kudos