Menu
Gman2020
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

My Virgin Media registration

I am having issues registering for a My Virgin Media account and therefore cant see my bills or sign into the apps.  As I was a previous customer it is saying my email address is already taken and will not let me use any other address, is there any way to sort this problem?

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: My Virgin Media registration

Hi @Gman2020

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. 

My apologies for the delayed reply. This is a Move and Transfer of the emails and online account or just the online account from the old account to the new, if you're wanting the online account login to be used on the new account

I've checked the system and can see you spoke to the team since posting, they've sent you a letter out, have you sorted this since posting? Let me know if not and I can assist further

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Gman2020
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi thanks for the reply,

I spoke to someone on the phone for around an hour got no further and they said they would send out a letter, all I wanted was the email address removed from the old account so I could register it with my new account.  I have since registered it in my partners email address as this seemed the easiest work around for the time being.

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Gman2020

Thanks for coming back to me. Have you received the letter?

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Gman2020
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

No I have not received  it yet, I have the My Virgin Media account working with the other email anyway so thats no issue anymore as I can watch  on the go.  Now just need my email address removed from old account so have to wait on the letter, the guy on the phone asked me for a letter from my password which was a character higher than the password itself thats where things started to go wrong on the call.

0 Kudos
David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Gman2020,

Has the letter come through to you yet?

We wouldn't be able to use your E-Mail address to create a new self-care account, as this will always be the primary account for your former Media services.

However we will be able to move this across to the new account if data protection has be passed on both the former and current account, and this will be classed as a secondary account

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos
Gman2020
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi

No letter yet but like I said I set it up with my partners email address after a few times trying it eventually worked so at least I can access my bills and on the go and stuff.

0 Kudos
Emily_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Glad to hear you've been able to register the account.

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos