Menu
R1L3Y
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

'My Virgin Media' Account registered, but also not registered?

Got quite a strange issue here so I'll start from the beginning.

I registered my my virgin media account the day that my services got installed and it worked fine, I used it to sign into virgin tv go and the sky sports app, worked fine. then about 10 days ago I randomly got signed out of the sky sports app, I go to sign in and it tells me the login details are incorrect, so I try on the virgin website and get the same issue. Strange as I know I didn't change anything. So I go to recover the password and it tells me "The username cannot be found" how? when i registered it and logged in numerous times.

So then I thought oh maybe its unregistered(for whatever reason) So I go to re-register, enter my name account number and area reference thats fine, on the next page when i complete all the info it then comes up to tell me the username is already in use.

I know its definitely the right email as its the same one that my setup confirmation, bills, and even virgin mobile emails have been sent to. I tried going on live chat and they were honestly useless. went on the first time 10 days ago was told it'd be fixed in 48 hours as the person had opened a ticket for me, i waited 72 hours and it wasnt fixed so went on again to be told my ticket was being handled and it'd take up to 5 working days, waited the 5 days again and still nothing, so I went on to be told the ticket had only been raised the 2nd time I contacted them so had to wait another 2 days. Waited another 2 days and, well, I'm back here so clearly it hasn't worked.

It seems like noone can understand the issue im having so im coming here hoping someone else has had the same/similar and can advise on how you got it solved.

0 Kudos
Serena_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: 'My Virgin Media' Account registered, but also not registered?

Hi @R1L3Y

Welcome to our Community Help Forum 🙂

Thank you for making your first post regarding the issue you are experiencing with your My Virgin Media Account, this is a very strange one!

Have you tried clearing your cache and deleting cookies and then signing in again?

Have you ever previously had a My Virgin Media account before this one?

Have you tried re-registering with a different email address?

Please do let me know, hope we can get to the bottom of this soon.

Best wishes,

Serena

0 Kudos
R1L3Y
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi thanks for getting back to me.

I have cleared cache and cookies and it doesn't seem to work, also tried it on multiple devices.

I have had a virgin media account in the past but that was closed about 9 months ago and as far as I know the account was then deleted as I was no longer a customer.

I have tried to re-register with a different email address but it didn't let me, I cant remember what the message it gave was.

I'm also not sure if its worth noting but i registered my virgin mobile account at the same time, same login details, and that is still working fine for me to sign in.

0 Kudos
Serena_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi @R1L3Y,

Thanks for all the details.

As you did previously have an account with us, I would like to try performing a Move and Transfer of your My Virgin Media log in details - just in case it was still linked with the old account and that could be the reason why you are getting the message "username is already in use" perhaps.

I will send you a private message now to obtain the information required, please look out for the purple envelope in the top right corner.

Best wishes,

Serena

0 Kudos