Menu
Highlighted
InkyRaccoon
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

My Virgin Media Account Email Issue:

Hi,

I had a My Virgin Media account at a previous flat that I haven't used since I moved out as the property I moved to after ending my virgin contract couldn't support a virgin connection.

However, I have since recently moved to a new address and begun a new Virgin broadband contract and would like to open a My Virgin Media account for the new connection. When I tried to though, it says that the email I want to use is unavailable, likely because it's still linked to my previous closed account.

Is there a way for me to regain this email address so that I can use it to open my new account with the same email I had before or will I need to use an entirely new email or a virgin email address to do this?

Thanks very much,

James

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: My Virgin Media Account Email Issue:

Good Evening InkyRaccon,

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums and a very warm welcome to you!

What you will be able to to do is set up a brand new account with a new primary E-Mail account and then once that has been completed we will be able to perform a move a transfer so you can regain access to the E-Mail account that was at the previous address

Once you've set the new self-care account up, come back to us and we'll perform a move and transfer after passing data protection on both accounts

Kindest regards,

David_Bn  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
InkyRaccoon
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi David,

Thank you so much for getting back to my query, I really appreciate it.

Unfortunately, I'm still having issues with making my account, as even when I try to use a different email, I'm being met with an error message saying:

"Sorry!
We are not able to set up your my Virgin Media account at the moment. Please try again later, or you can also set up your my Virgin Media account at the time of your broadband installation. We are looking forward to connecting you to your superfast broadband."

I've tried two separate email addresses that are different to the primary email address I was trying to use, and I'm still being met with the same error message.

Could you please advise as to how I should proceed with this so that I can set up my account and then perform the move and transfer you initially advised me on.

Thanks so much again and I look forward to hearing from you again soon.

InkyRaccoon

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi James,

Thank you for getting back to us, I do apologise for our delayed response!!

It sounds like we'll need to take a further look from our end. We may be able to create the new account for you in the backend, but we can certainly raise an IT ticket if not. I'll send you a private message now to clear account security and take steps to resolve this for you. Please head to the purple envelope in the top right corner to respond.

Thanks,

Rachael

0 Kudos