Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

My Virgin Account creation glitch

I want to create a 'My Virgin Account' on behalf of my father who lives 90 miles from me. He has Virgin Evening and Talk Weekends. No broadband. He is 92 years old and hard of hearing. I have purchased him a tablet and want to set it up with his own virgin media email address.

I have tried to create the 'My Virgin Account' on the virgin media website yet it always goes to an 'Oops error page' instead of confirming a created account after I have entered the account holder name, account number, area code, confirmed not a robot etc. then completed the second webpage with an email address etc.

I have had the email address registered with the technical team for the account. It just doesn't let me actually create the My Virgin Media account. This means I can't create the access to the email account either. This means I can't set up his tablet I have purchased for him with the correct software as I want it all in his name so it is simple to manage.

I have had technical people on the phone try to create it and all failed. I have had technical say they raise a five day SLA ticket and not fix it or ring me back. I have had technical promise to ring me back three times now and never had the call back. I have just come off the phone with a technical person who says they can't help me today as I am not the account holder. They have already had confirmation of this from my dad on the 13th May and put in the account notes so that I could ring up and manage this all on his behalf.

All I want is to create the My Virgin Media account so I can set his email up, set his tablet up and then he can order his broadband and I can video call him. How do I get to talk to a proper person who can help me or do I just give up and move him to BT?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: My Virgin Account creation glitch

Thanks for getting in touch and for letting us know in such detail the issues that you've been having setting up your fathers online account.

I will drop over a private message for you in a moment, so that we can pass account security and get this looked into further.

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos