Menu
Colinhp
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

My Virgin Account creation glitch

I want to create a 'My Virgin Account' on behalf of my father who lives 90 miles from me. He has Virgin Evening and Talk Weekends. No broadband. He is 92 years old and hard of hearing. I have purchased him a tablet and want to set it up with his own virgin media email address.

I have tried to create the 'My Virgin Account' on the virgin media website yet it always goes to an 'Oops error page' instead of confirming a created account after I have entered the account holder name, account number, area code, confirmed not a robot etc. then completed the second webpage with an email address etc.

I have had the email address registered with the technical team for the account. It just doesn't let me actually create the My Virgin Media account. This means I can't create the access to the email account either. This means I can't set up his tablet I have purchased for him with the correct software as I want it all in his name so it is simple to manage.

I have had technical people on the phone try to create it and all failed. I have had technical say they raise a five day SLA ticket and not fix it or ring me back. I have had technical promise to ring me back three times now and never had the call back. I have just come off the phone with a technical person who says they can't help me today as I am not the account holder. They have already had confirmation of this from my dad on the 13th May and put in the account notes so that I could ring up and manage this all on his behalf.

All I want is to create the My Virgin Media account so I can set his email up, set his tablet up and then he can order his broadband and I can video call him. How do I get to talk to a proper person who can help me or do I just give up and move him to BT?

0 Kudos
Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: My Virgin Account creation glitch

Thanks for getting in touch and for letting us know in such detail the issues that you've been having setting up your fathers online account.

I will drop over a private message for you in a moment, so that we can pass account security and get this looked into further.

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos
Colinhp
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hello Steven,

This problem has still not been sorted out. There have been some changes too. My father has M50 broadband and the phone package now. We have a transfer request for my mum going through for the account - currently taking five weeks and counting, though I was told 30 days maximum!

I have set up a Gmail account for my mum and currently manage this for her. We have received the final bill for the phone package and have broadband set up emails all received on the Gmail account. 

We can still not create a My Virgin account though, and this is more important than ever as it has our bills on it we cannot access, and I still cannot create a Virgin email address for my father/mum. I don't want them on Gmail too long as it is a poor system when using Android which is on the tablet my mum now owns.

Since we last emailed each other this issue has been back and forth again with first line and second line support, again with both closing it down as 'done' and then last week a technician on the phone actually told me it was fixed while I was online, until I told him it was not working and this call ended with him telling me it would take two hours for changes to filter through! They never did.

As you have been the only one to even try to help please can you look into this again. As a summary, we want a Virgin Account online to manage the bills etc. We also want a virgin email address.

Thank you, Colin

0 Kudos
Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Colinhp,

Thanks for posting on our community forums. Sorry to hear that you are still having issues setting up an online Virgin Media account for your mum.

Can we ask if you have tried to register on a different device and web browser? Also have you cleared all cookies and cache as this sometimes prevents customers from registering an online account.

Please can you let us know when you have tried the above so we can assist you further.

Kind regards Jodi

0 Kudos
Colinhp
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hello Jodi, thank you for your reply.

I have tried different machines, laptops etc. Cleared browsing history etc. Also had VM first line tech, and second line tech, and IT try and all failed. Has gone three to a 'manager', though on all occasions they never rang back to follow up and closed the ticket down in error. Had about nine different first line tech's try and fail since early May! Actually got names of the tech's etc. as a reference for some of these too. This does no help though as next call the caller says they can't access some of the previous notes!

Any help would be appreciated, or a manager to ring me to actually help too. VM have allocated two different email addresses to the account; a Gmail account I set up 'temporary' and a unique 'virginmedia' one for my mum.

Specifically the problem is when you get to the last page of the registering process. Page one with the account name and number and area code goes through fine, page two with the options for adding an email address, creating and linking a new email etc and the security questions seems to go fine though the third page (presumably the 'clarification') switches to a page with 'sorry, there is a error at this time please ty again later etc. or wait for your broadband to be installed etc.).

Note: Broadband as an extra product was installed last week, still got the same problem.

Kind regards, Colin

0 Kudos
Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to me Colin,

As you have tried all of the above and you have already had IT tickets raised have you been advised why you are unable to get an online account created for your mum?

Unfortunately we do not have the facility to make outbound calls through this community forum, I can however raise a complaint for you on your mum's account regarding this matter for you.

I will pop you over a private message to take all your mum's details from you. Please click on the purple envelope to accept the chat.

Kind regards Jodi

0 Kudos
Colinhp
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hello Jodi, No. never been told why it won't create. Just found out by my perseverance and stubbornness that open tickets have been closed without tests on work done, or just closed for no real reason. Also promises to be called back with some technical people coming across very keen on 'they will not let me down' comments, then not hearing from them again.

All very poor service. Not what I expect, and as I make a living out of teaching and nurturing first to third line technical support, completely shocking to me for such a well known organisation.

0 Kudos
Colinhp
Joining in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Please click on the purple envelope to accept the chat? Where is this please?
0 Kudos