Menu
ianwong8
Tuning in
Message 1 of 17
Flag for a moderator

My VM brown box has been shared by neighbour and speed slowed down

Dear Sir/ Madam,

I noticed that the broadband box - virgin media brown box located on my property has been shared by my next door neighbour and since then my broadband speed has slowed down.

It was not brought to my attention at all that any engineer would come onto my property to carry out any connections or any works without prior notice or any formal permission at all.

I was not given any notice of this from my neighbour either that they would use the same box located on my property to connect their internet to also to gain access to virgin broadband.

I am formally notifying you of this poor service and expect you to investigate and resolve as soon as possible.

I do not understand why an engineer could not provide a box and connection on my neighbours property, why there was absolutely no notice given to me at all of this work they would carry out.

I am not happy to have a shared connection cable trailing from my property to my neighbours using the same box located on my property.

Please can somebody look into this urgently and explain why an engineer came onto my property without any prior permission to carry out such works.

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
Richw1982
Up to speed
Message 2 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Re: My VM brown box has been shared by neighbour and speed slowed down

They should have asked permission but maybe you were out at the time.  Its in the contract small print that Virgin Media have the right to maintain the equipment up to the omni box on the wall, for example if there is a fault inside your property and its causing issues for other customers on the network they would check up to omni and then ask for access inside to rectify if needed. 

All customers cables are terminated on a massive splitter in the cab, so are 'shared' but just further down the line.  The cable if running loose is probably a temp until a cable gets pulled in for next door.

0 Kudos
Zoie_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi  Ianwong8,

Thanks for your post 

This should not affect your services, I have checked remotely and can see everything looks fine, what speeds are you getting on a wired speed test?

Zoie

0 Kudos
ianwong8
Tuning in
Message 4 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi Zoie,

I am not happy to have a shared connection cable trailing from my property to my neighbours using the same box located on my property.

Please can get somebody look into this urgently and explain why an engineer came onto my property without any prior permission to carry out such works. 

Thanks in advance 

0 Kudos
Zoie_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ianwong8, 

I am sorry that this has happened I can look into this and see why you were not asked permission, I will pop you over a message and we can go from there

Zoie

0 Kudos
ianwong8
Tuning in
Message 6 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Ok Thanks Zoie

0 Kudos
Zoie_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 17
Flag for a moderator

I ianwong8, thank you for your message, I can understand your frustration with your neighbor being attached to your Omni box, we are allowed to do this, however, I will email the area field manager to see if we can get your neighbor their own box 

Zoie

ianwong8
Tuning in
Message 8 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi Zoie,

Thanks for looking into this. 

Can you please arrange your engineer to install a cable and a new Omni outer box for the neighbour 618 to resolve this problem.

Look forward to your reply 

Many thanks for your help and support.

Ian

0 Kudos
ianwong8
Tuning in
Message 9 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi Zoie,

I hope you are doing well.

I am writing you regarding to get the neighbour their own omni box. Could you please send a status update for this request?

Thanks for your help and support.

Ian

0 Kudos
ianwong8
Tuning in
Message 10 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi Zoie,

I hope you are doing well.

I am writing you regarding to get the neighbour their own omni box. Could you please send a status update for this request?

Thanks for your help and support.

Ian

0 Kudos