Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

My Upgrades and Offers

Hi

In https://my.virginmedia.com/home/index

Every time I click on Upgrades and Offers in the above link it gives...

VMBigD_0-1603365421239.png

Been receiving this message for a year now - tried in Google Chrome, IE, Brave but always the same outcome!!!

Either VM really don't have any offers to give me or the link has been broken for ever???

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: My Upgrades and Offers

Hi VMBigD,

If in the the upgrades and offers section you see an Oops something went wrong message, it's because you either already have a discount and the systems require an extra bit of manipulation by the agents to set up any new discounts, or because the package you are on is no longer sold and again requires the extra manipulation by agents to change the package.

If you don't want to be tied up on the phone then you could try the text messaging service.

Just send  a text with a description of regrade  to 07533 051809. Your message will go into a queue and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible. It may take a few days. 

If phoning it's best to call first thing on a morning, 8am, as it's less busy then.  Dial 150 from your Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111, Options 1,1 and 4 Changes to your package

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

My Upgrades & Offers

Hi,

Logged onto VM and checking the My Upgrades and Offers

For the last year I get the message

Oops!  Something Went Wrong.

Either VM has no new offers for me or the link has been broken for 365+ days - quite a break!!!

VMBigD_0-1603366174579.png

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: My Upgrades & Offers

Hi VMBigD,

I have replied and explained that message in your Original thread 

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Dave for your answer - sorry for the repeat the community site said checking page for applied image - when I clicked refresh I thought I totally lost my message - doh!
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: My Upgrades and Offers

Hi Dave

Thanks for answer - sure they can give a better error message in these cases!!

Anyway thanks for your additional details - think I will try the text message link - been on the phone 2 hours yesterday to VM and 1 hour today to do an upgrade - why is it so difficult!!

Also why don't VM like receiving emails or an online help on the VM - thought it was a must in this present climate?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi again VMBigD,

That's no problem, all images have to be approved by forum moderators in case they include personal info that could be used to identify you.

Hopefully you will now contact regrades and manage to reduce your costs and/or upgrade to a better package. If you aren't happy with what's offered ask to speak to retentions (thinking of leaving us) as they can sometimes offer more.

Dave

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dave

Thanks for your new reply (how come no emoji on this site!!)

Okay will ask for retentions (thinking of leaving us) next time - wish I spoke to you previously!!

Spoke to 5 different people at VM this morning - the 1st 4 didn't know their head from their elbow and the 5th was as helpful as a used postage stamp!!
0 Kudos