Menu
fdines
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

My Nans account being upgraded without consent

Good evening,

My Nan is an 83 year old lady and I basically look after her virgin account and all tha goes on with it.

She had a phone call last night from an call centre who said she could have Sky Movies added to her account with no extra cost, so she accepted. I then get an email from Virgin saying thanks for upgrading and the bill has gone up by over £10.

I have tried calling to get Sky Movies taken off but was on hold for over an hour on two seperate occasions so am gettng frustrated in not being able to do this. All I want is for the package to go back to what it was before this phone call.

This has happened recently a few months ago and  spoke with Virgin to make sure it didnt happen again.

Many Thanks

Mark Nash

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: My Nans account being upgraded without consent

Hi there Mark, (@fdines)

Welcome back to our Community, I was sorry to understand that your Nan has had some issues with her package change after we called her and that there has been some confusion. 

In order to make any changes to the account, we would need to chat with the account holder (unless you hold a Power of Attorney). If you are able to pass security on the account though, we'd be happy to talk you through the package and bills if needed.

Keep us posted. 

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
fdines
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi

My nan has slight dementia but I always sort out her virgin account so I should have permission on yor records to speak about the package and account.

The problem is, whenever I try and call, I am always on hold for over an hour and I cannot wait any longer then that to speak with you.

So tell me, what am I meant to do?

Many Thanks

Mark

0 Kudos
JitteryPinger
Super solver
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

As long as you can pass security there shouldn't be any issues getting this sorted here.

Sorry to hear about this, in the 10 years of roaming around these forums and dealing with Virgin Media for several accounts, some of them vulnerable customers it amazes me that things just keep getting worse when it comes to looking after customers.

I took all my vulnerable accounts away from Virgin because of similar issues and also the fact they leaked information.

If I've helped please let me know 🙂 Matt

A 10+ Year Virgin Media veteran, been here through the Up's and the Down's and Down's....
Gigabit 5G Vodafone 5G EE BQM Hub 4 BQM Hub 3 BQM Hitron CGNV4 BQM TT BQM

Technical Support - AV & Networking - Customer Service - Finance - Culinary - Construction
0 Kudos
Zoie_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Fdines,

Thank you for your reply, I am sorry to hear this. I can certainly take a look to see if you do hold power of attorney and if not we can get you started on that 🙂

I will pop you over a private message and we can go from there 

thanks,

Zoie

0 Kudos
fdines
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Good morning

Ive just had my Nans latest bill coe thorugh and Sky Movies Collection is still on it when it should havebeen removed.

Can someone look into this for me please as when she notices £66 gone out her account instead of £45ish, she is likley to have a heart attack.

Many Thanks

Mark

0 Kudos
Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hey @fdines,

Thanks for your post on this and I hope that I can help get this resolved for your nan.

Would you be able to pass data protection and account security on your Nans behalf? If you can do so, please respond to my private message and we can get this looked into further. 

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos