cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My NTL email is not receiving some important emails.

promo
Joining in

My NTL email is not receiving some important emails. all filters off too.

14 REPLIES 14

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi promo,

Thanks for your post, welcome to the Community Forums

Sorry to hear that you're having some trouble with receiving certain emails. Have you noticed whether these emails are from a specific domain or multiple different sources? 

Have you been receiving any emails at all recently? 

Finally, do you know if the sender has been receiving a bounce-back email receipt when they try to send you an email?

Let us know,

Beth

No they are completely random from different sources. I have 5 emails. No problem with any of them except this one which I use as a general one. Sometimes they arrive and sometimes not. From big companies too like the AA and insurance company. No they don't bounce back.  

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

It sounds like the account is still active.  Have you tried looking for these emails on webmail as well as with an email app?

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Yes, they are not there.

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Have you any filters running? Have you checked the spam folder?

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

promo
Joining in

No filters. Yes I check spam folders every day.

promo
Joining in

These are not coming onto the Virgin server. Someone suggested that Virgin is blacklisted by many ISPs.

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Well that is one possibility. But if you are having trouble with emails from say the AA due to blacklisting/IP block, you would expect all of the AA's emails to fail. Not just random ones as you say.

Has none of these failed emails generated a return notice to the sender?

Hopefully a staff member can take a look at your account and advise.

- jpeg1

That is what is strange. I can get one email from the AA and next day one won't arrive.

No return notices. I've asked.