cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Mum is being overcharged

RedRuth1963
Tuning in

Hi, 

I just found out my Mum is being charged over £150 for her Virgin broad band, TV and landline . She has the premium sport channels but even so this is ridiculous. she's almost 90 and doesn't understand IT at all. I can't get into her account to change things and the customer service is a joke. 

I would like some help accessing her account and/or a better offer on the package she has.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @RedRuth1963 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

Sorry to hear you feel that your Mum is being over-charged.

We do not do package changes via the forums. You'll need to either contact the team either via phone, on 150 / 0345 454 1111. Or message the team via Whatsapp on +447305 327 112 (automated at the start but to get you through to the right team) and they'll be able to ensure your Mum is on the best package and price to suit her needs.

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @RedRuth1963 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

Sorry to hear you feel that your Mum is being over-charged.

We do not do package changes via the forums. You'll need to either contact the team either via phone, on 150 / 0345 454 1111. Or message the team via Whatsapp on +447305 327 112 (automated at the start but to get you through to the right team) and they'll be able to ensure your Mum is on the best package and price to suit her needs.

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hi John,

I'm having trouble finding her account number, will the support team be able to find it with just her personal information? I did wonder if it was the reference for her direct debit. Failing that could we get a letter sent to her?

Thanks,

Ruth

Hi there @RedRuth1963 

Thank you for popping back to us. The team should be able to locate the account with the address of the telephone number. 

You can find the account number via her contract on My Virgin Media, if she has a profile set up or via any email correspondence from us.

When you call if you just don't enter anything when prompted for an account number after a while it should by pass it. 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@RedRuth1963 wrote:

Hi John,

I'm having trouble finding her account number, will the support team be able to find it with just her personal information? I did wonder if it was the reference for her direct debit. Failing that could we get a letter sent to her?

Thanks,

Ruth

Hi Ruth,

I hope the following helps. On my bank statement it shows 12 numbers next to my  monthly VM direct debit payment.   The first 9 numbers are my actual VM account number

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

RedRuth1963
Tuning in

Update - after a frustrating 2 hours my daughter managed to get Mum's bill down to more manageable levels. Her experience with Virgin's customer service wasn't great and she's vowed to never use Virgin herself. Now to see if we can get the landline fixed

Hi @RedRuth1963,

It's a shame to hear that you've not had a great experience with us recently, but I'm glad to hear we've been able to tend to the billing concerns.

Would you mind elaborating on the landline problems you've mentioned? What issues is your mother experiencing with her landline service?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi Zach,

Her landline doesn't work at all. This is a serious problem because she has a telecare device in case she has a fall. My daughter raised this, she was promised a technician appointment confirmed by a text. The text never materialised.

My Mother is 90 this year and an absolute technophobe, she wouldn't have understood a letter explaining the switch to the fibre network. Regardless, she needs an emergency backup line.

Hi @RedRuth1963,

Thank you for expanding on the situation. Please respond to the private message that I'll be sending to you shortly and we can go from there in getting this looked into.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!