cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Account was closed and I still haven't recieved my refund

reece436346
Joining in

2 years ago I changed broadband service, and during this change I was told to pay my next bill like everything is normal, and the whole amount paid would be sent back to me via cheque, now we are two years on and I still have not recieved that elusive cheque from Virgin Media infact it was so long ago I had forgotton about it, that is until now, when I tried to login to my old account which I still have all the details for, however I was prompted that the account had been closed as it was no longer recieving services fair enough. if I had no credit in my account from cashing a cheque per say, however I have never recieved a cheque or any communication from virgin media from the day I cancelled my services the only email I have got is an email which informs me I have £80.82 in credit remaining in my account and no outstanding bills due, now I am here in hopes that I can get this sorted out and recieve my money that is rightfully mine, I have all my old account information, I have emails proving I had credit in my account, I have bank statements that can prove I've never cashed a cheque from virgin media, I can also prove my identity if necessary, I just want this to be resolved, ive tried going through the virtual assistant but it kept asking me to sign in which I cant do because my account was closed, now I understand I have made this more complicated for myself by leaving it for so long but I thought it would just eventually turn up and sort itself out and then after awhile life goes on and I forgot about but I have no remembered and would like my money back, I am writing this in hopes it reaches the right person who can help me resolve this issue once and for all thank you.

4 REPLIES 4

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Did you move home when you closed your VM account? Past topics have referred to cheques being sent to the customer's former address on file with VM (and so became lost).

Did you ever contact VM at the time and make a complaint that you had not received your refund?

The VM forum team may offer to help when they reply here in a day or two.

Given that 2 years has elapsed, you might struggle to progress this if VM is not interested in helping.

The arbitration services (which you would normally use to complain beyond VM) also usually have a time limit in which you can bring a complaint, often 12 months, which might affect your options via that route.

Arissa_H
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Reece436346.

Thank you for posting and welcoming you with big virtual arms to our community forum 😊.

Sorry to see you are no longer with us and have had this issue ☹.

So I can investigate and do whatever I can to help you, I will be private messaging you.

Please watch out for the envelope ✉.

Thank you.

Ari - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

no I didn't move house, the cheque just never showed up hopefully I can get it resolved now though

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Greohenw, thanks for updating us on the forums. 👋🏼

I'm glad our team were able to assist and get this sorted out for you.
As advised - reach out to us if you need anything and we'll assist.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs