Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Moving with no service

Why do I get penalised with a disconnection fee when you don’t provide your service at my new address? I’ve been with Virgin since 2006. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Moving with no service

If you are still within a 12/18 month contract they will charge you early exit fees for, effectively, breaking the contract early. The argument goes that its not their problem that VM service is not available at your new address. You could try negotiating that away as a long-standing loyal customer with a CS agent on the Retentions line.
If your contract period has expired (have you checked on your account/bill whether it has?) then you can leave without £ penalty, on 30 days notice.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Sadly I reduced my services on 6 March so they want to charge me £250.

not exactly “Treating Customers Fairly”

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Contracts have two parties.

Virgin Media gave you, no doubt, a generous discount in return for 12 months business with you at your current address. It is you who has broken the contract, allowing Virgin Media to invoke the contractual penalty clause.

PS dependent on how early you have cancelled, the £250 is a cap. They could have charged much more.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos