cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving to essential broadband and stream package.

Juliansp
Joining in

Hello,

As I am on Universal Credit I am considering downgrading to the essential broadband with stream as I am eligible and it is much cheaper than my current deal. However, does the tv and landline get cancelled right away or is it possible to keep the tv until the new equipment arrives? I am keen to move to this essential package and know it is simple to do but wouldn’t wish to be without my tv as my set is older and doesn’t have freeview so I would be not able to use it if the tv package is cancelled on choosing the essential package. If anyone could give me some information regarding this it would be greatly appreciated. I look forward to a response.  Thank you.

kind Regards

Julian

11 REPLIES 11

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi, Juliansp.
Thanks for joining our help forums and for your first posts here, glad to welcome you to the VM community. 🙂

We're sorry to hear you're uncertain about how to keep your TV and landline while waiting for our essential broadband deal to take effect, we'l do our best to explain things for you. 🙂

We can generally advise that once you opt to downgrade to an essential broadband deal, your current services will take 30 days to disconnect (as per our T&Cs about a service disconnection found here).

This means 2 things practically, one is that your new deal will only take effect after the services not included in it have disconnected and the second is that you'll have the previous deal and services on for this period of time until the changes happen.

You may have a look here for more low cost deals you may choose from, let us know if this info is of help to you and if feel free to ask if you have more questions.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hello

Thank you for your reply. I haven’t downgraded yet but if I choose to do this I will still have my previous package for 30 days is that correct?if that’s the case then that would be fine as the equipment would arrive well before then.

kind Regards

Julian

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for the reply, Julian.
Yes, that's right - you may keep using the current services and equipment until the new contract takes effect.
If we've sent the equipment early, this means an engineer will visit on the install date or you'll self-install the new services on a that date.
Either way, once this happens your new services will activate and the old package will be removed.
Do keep us posted on how things go from here, happy to help where needed. 🙂

Adri
Forum Team

Thank you very much.

KInd Regards

Julian

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for taking the time to post here with your questions, Juliansp.

As a member of our community, you're more than welcome to get back to us if you need any more help or advice. 🙂

Best regards, 

Adri
Forum Team

Juliansp
Joining in

Good Afternoon 

I’d like to take up the essential broadband with stream as it would be much cheaper and as I am on universal credit I am eligible. However, I have been told that in order to do this my tv and landline would be immediately disconnected. I have no issue with the landline but losing my tv until the new equipment arrives which takes 4 days is something I would want to do. As my tv won’t receive any channels without the box. Is there no way I could keep the tv package until the equipment arrives? I look forward to any helpful replies. Thank you.

kind regards

Julian

Hi @Juliansp 

Welcome back to the community forums. 

I can see that you have been responded to and answered on your previous thread regarding your same query on the TV disconnecting. 

Please only have one thread opened on the same query so we are able to help quicker and more clearly. If you have any further questions or concerns, please direct them on your already opened thread with responses for further support and assistance if needed. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Hello

With regard to my previous query when i contacted virgin in order to join the essential broadband with stream I was informed that the tv would be disconnected immediately which would mean I would have no tv until the new equipment arrives. I didn’t really wish to do this. Could anyone provide me with any other information about this matter.

Thank you.

kind Regards 

Julian

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi, Juliansp.
We're sorry to hear this is what our dedicated team has advised about your TV service in order to get one of our essential broadband packages, did we confirm the dates for your new essential BB deal to take effect and is this to be delivered and activated soon if you opt for the new deal with Stream?

Adri
Forum Team