Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Moving service to new house, concerned the move is not going through

Evening,

Apologies if this ends up being a wall of text but I'll try to explain this thoroughly. I know the phone service is busy at the moment, so I contacted support via text message on Monday (03/08) to advise I'm moving in a few weeks and need to move my internet to the new house. Confirmed the new house can get the service and arranged a moving date (29/08, 1-6pm), I was advised some initial works would need to be carried out in the next 24-48 hours, and then the install would happen during the agreed timeframe on the 29th. I was also asked about whether the same banking details will be used at the new address. Unfortunately I was working while trying to respond so didn't get a chance to respond for a while, so I assume the chat was ended.

I wanted to query what initial work needed to take place, as I don't have landlord permission for anything other than drilling a hole through the wall to put in the access point, and I'm not actually at the property yet anyway. For example, does anything need to be dug up on or close to the property? Does anything need to be installed to the exterior of the house? Do I need to be there when it happens?

I've tried sending more messages to the text support number every day but I've not been able to speak to a person on it since Tuesday morning as I just get the generic messages asking me to reply 'yes' to keep the chat going, but nobody has replied.

On the Tuesday morning I did get a text from another Virgin support number, asking me to confirm if some external work can be done at the property in the next 24-48 hours, with the choice of replying CONFIRM to have the work go ahead, or HELP if I needed more info. Texting help just results in a link being sent explaining why initial works need to be carried out but nothing specific about what they entail in regards to the property itself, I replied explaining this and got an automated reply saying someone would review the comments. As with the regular support number, I've tried sending a message each day to ask if someone can contact me back about it, but I've not heard anything yet. I did try calling the support telephone number today to try and speak to a person about this but I was in the queue for ages and didn't have time to stay on.

So my initial concern was that if anything needed to happen on the property, then I need to know what that will be in advance so I can get landlord approval, and my additional concern now is that because I didn't agree to the initial works being done (whatever they might be), they aren't going to be done in time for the moving date and I won't have an internet connection when I move. I need the internet to be able to work from home so I'm a bit stuck if I can't get the broadband set up by then.

Help!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Moving service to new house, concerned the move is not going through

Hello

From what you have said it looks like you don't have the physical cable from the cabinet to the property, so the external team will have to run the cable, which will be left coiled up outside for when the install happens then the install engineer will have to attach a external box to the outside of the property before drilling the hole to pass the cable into the property, internally they will have to place the connection from the coaxial cable.

The best people to answer any further question would be the ore-install team The Pre-installation and delivery team are on:- 0800 052 1734.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Moving service to new house, concerned the move is not going through

Cheers I will give them a call
0 Kudos