cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving install date

matt43
Joining in

Can someone help me in getting my installation date moved?

Been having an issue with getting my broadband set up. Initially the engineer came on the 7th but wasn't able to set up the broadband, and told me more pre-installation was needed. I was then phoned by virgin to tell me that I would get a temporary install date on 23rd but that it would be moved forwards once the pre-install was done.

The pre-install was completed on the 12th but my install date remains the 23rd on my virgin media. Can someone tell me if the date will actually be brought up? 

7 REPLIES 7

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey matt43, thank you for reaching out and a warm welcome to the the community I am sorry to hear that,

With anything we can't guarantee this could get pushed back but if it did you would be told about this with plenty of notice.

If we did get an earlier date the team will let you know by SMS which is normally on a first come base. Cheers 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

If I haven't received this SMS then does that mean it won't be moved up?

If you haven't received any contact regarding an earlier installation date then it would be that we are unable to move that forward. 

^Martin

The person I initially spoke to on the phone told me that I wouldn't have to wait until the 23rd and that it would be moved up. 

I am sorry to hear that. We should never guarantee that an installation date should be moved forward prior to being able to confirm that. 

As we can't guarantee this will happen. If a slot does become available and you are next to be move forward then we would offer that to you.

^Martin

matt43
Joining in

This is really disappointing that I was promised something and never delivered, especially now that my service won't be installed until a month after I signed up for it

If you would like, you can contact into the Pre-install team via 150/0345 454 1111 and they can double check to see if anything is available. 

^Martin