cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving house

conman33158
Super solver

Just a quick question guys, when moving home do you take the hub you already have to the new address or does that get sent back and a new hub supplied?

Cheers

***********************************************************************************************************************************
BT Full Fibre 900 FTTP - Asus RT-AX82U to Openreach ONT Box & Asus RT-AX56U with AiMesh setup
***********************************************************************************************************************************
My Broadband Ping - BT Full Fibre 900
21 REPLIES 21

This is the latest from Virgin 

“Hi, it s Virgin Media. Your installation has been rescheduled to 3/05/23 between 1PM-6PM - we re sorry about that. If you d like to know more or arrange a callback, reply CHAT then follow option 1 for Technician Visit when you're ready to start texting with us.”

let’s hope they are coming to sort out the blocked duct and not send another team to try and push up a fibre cable up and failing again. If no joy after this next appointment we won’t be going round in circles for week after week or month after month and will just be ordering BT. At the end of the day it’s not up to us to communicate the correct information and keep chasing up the same issue of a blocked duct. 

BT Full Fibre 900 FTTP - Asus RT-AX82U to Openreach ONT Box & Asus RT-AX56U with AiMesh setup

Thanks for the update @conman33158 😊

Please keep us updated with how this visit goes, we'll be happy to help further if needed.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

conman33158
Super solver

Ok guys, I came to my partners house early today and the workmen were outside trying to sort out the blocked duct, they had no joy using the usual methods of sending cleaner darts and wee metal bullets up the line and in the end they had to dig it up and found a twist in the line. They then called in another team who ran the fibre up and connected it in.

Long story short, internet now connected , I've got the hub in modem mode and running a set of Deco M4's and also running a BQM just to keep an eye on things, but all hub voltages and stats look good and well within spec🤞😉

Cheers for the feedback 😀

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @conman33158 

Thanks for your response!

Absolutely great to hear things are now looking better and the engineers look to of resolved this, be sure to keep us updated with how you get on and thank you for your patience also.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

conman33158
Super solver

Another installer arrived yesterday to do the inside work which was already done by the first guy that arrived when there was no fibre cable in place, so he was happy to go on his way after I told him the story😊

BQM looking good and everything running smoothly so far.

Screenshot 2023-05-04 100552.jpg

We're so sorry that this appointment was unnecessary but we are glad to hear that things are still looking good for you. 

Please do let us know if you need any further help at all and we will do all we can to advise.  

Can somebody check for me why she is being sent a bill for £11 as I have a funny feeling her discounts have not been added to the new account after the house move. It should be £26 per month?

I have full access to the account with password if needed and don't want to put any personal details on here.

Cheers

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi again, conman33158.

Thanks for all the posts and updates on this thread, we're sorry to see there has been a confusion regarding the latest bill out.

Please, visit this link here for a bill breakdown to see what's been charged.

In the event you're in a house move process, please check the dates your bill has on as a billing period.
If you've disconnected halfway through the monthly billing period, this bill may have some pro-rate corrections to charge you for the correct dates your services were active for in the old property.

Also, your new bill for the new house should start on the install date onwards so you won't pay for the time in between.

Lastly, please check the package description and monthly price the bill advises on as you can see if it's reflecting correctly there. 
Or just view your online account here to see the package price and services from that end and confirm this.

We'll be eager to assist if you find something being wrong, pop us a new post here and let us know.

Adri
Forum Team

We don't have an online account which is why I ask on here🤔 I'll just ring them!

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Sorry to hear this, conman33158.

In this case, please keep us posted and let us know how things go on the call and if you need more help or advice.

We'll be here to offer our support where needed. 🙂

Adri
Forum Team