cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving house.

ThePoolman
Joining in

I have just moved home. I informed Virgin and was told that my contract from my old address would just carry on as normal except for a £20 charge for the new installation at the new address. Everything went great with the changeover. My problem is that I have been put on a new 18 month contract from the date of installation but my discounts from my old contract have not been extended.

Currently I pay £59 a month.

In August 2023 this will rise to £131 a month until July 2024.

This would be an extra £864 over the year, which I cannot afford.

I have tried speaking to VM but they are unable to comprehend my issue.

Any help would be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @ThePoolman 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. 

Sorry for the confusion. What happens when you move house is that to get the deal on, they would put it on as a full contract but then amend it. IE amend the date, the discount end date etc to reflect the terms of the original deal.

I will send you a PM though to confirm the specific dates for you 🙂

Kind regards

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @ThePoolman 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. 

Sorry for the confusion. What happens when you move house is that to get the deal on, they would put it on as a full contract but then amend it. IE amend the date, the discount end date etc to reflect the terms of the original deal.

I will send you a PM though to confirm the specific dates for you 🙂

Kind regards

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @ThePoolman 

Thanks for joining me on PM and allowing me to sort everything for you 🙂

Do pop back to the community should you ever need anything.

Best wishes,

John_GS
Forum Team