Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Moving house.

Hi, 

I moved home 6 months ago and paid Virgin Media to reconnect my new home to continue my existing contract. However, my bill recently jumped up and now my contract has a new start date of the day I moved. Is this correct? Does my contract restart when moving house as my new bill is significantly increased? 

Kind regards.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Moving house.

transferring your service to a new address can start a new contract if anything changes on the package - but if all is the same as before the original contract should continue - there should have been a £20 charge to transfer the services

the change in the bill amount can be many things - if you are now at the end of the 12 month from your original contract then the new user discount will have ended which could explain the rise 

wait for VM to get to the thread - they should be able to check things - in the mean time confirm if things on your package changed at the time of the house move as thats relevant 

Tony
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hello Conky

Thanks for your post 

When a customer moves property this will generate a new account 

Which in turn generates a new 12 month contract.

I can look at what the increase is if you are happy for me to do so 

All I need to do is pass security first by a private message 

If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great 

Gareth_L

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Cheers Tony, no amendments were made during our move, we simply moved house with the same package and paid for reconnection fee. For some reason it says it started a new contract. 

Thanks again!! 👍

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

@Conky wrote:

Cheers Tony, no amendments were made during our move, we simply moved house with the same package and paid for reconnection fee. For some reason it says it started a new contract. 

Thanks again!! 👍

i think the info from VM is wrong and have asked - its sometimes difficult to keep up to date so things might have changed

Tony
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Conky

Thanks for passing security 

I have had a look at where the increase has come from

When you moved property you carried on the previous contract from your old home.

This included a 6 month loyalty discount which is displayed on all your bills at the bottom

The 6 month Loyalty Discount has expired now and would be the reason the price jumped up. 

You are very welcome to give the Team a call 0345 454 1111 or 150 free from your landline, they will be happy yo look a a new deal for you 

Gareth_L

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Cheers Gareth, 

But why does it state that my contract began this May when it was carried over from my previous address and now states that my 'new' contract isn't up until next May? 

I thought that the loyalty discount lasted up until the end of my contract which would be when I normally contact VM to possibly renew. 

Regards.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Conky 

From what I can see the contract was made null and void when you moved. 

Our system would have automatically sent it out. 

Loyalty discount do have different lengths

The one that bumped the price up was only for 6 months from the day you moved in 

Gareth_L

0 Kudos