Menu
cmteach42
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Moving house unexpected charges

I've just moved house with Virgin and received my first bill. I've been charged £20 moving fee, which I was informed of - I have a copy of the chat which says 'there will be a one-off cost of £20 for the home move'. I have also been charged £48.41 for 'package changes'. I was also charged this 6 months ago when I moved previously, but back then I was upgrading to a new deal, new 12 month contract and 100 speed. This time, I haven't changed a thing - even my contract end date has stayed the same. So I can't understand why I've been charged this extra, making my normal £33 bill over £80, when I haven't made any 'package changes'. Can anyone advise? I've tried calling but just get the response (eventually) that says we won't be answering your call, please try tomorrow.

0 Kudos
cmteach42
Tuning in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Moving house unexpected charges

I should have said I wasn't informed of these fees at any point up until today when I got my bill

0 Kudos
Rachael_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Moving house unexpected charges

Hi cmteach42,

Thank you for reaching out with your concerns, I do apologise for any unexpected charges.

As you have moved home, you would have created a new account at this new property. Although your package and contract term may have remained the same, there have still been changes made with the creation of this new account and activation of the services.

As was the case when you first joined us, new accounts usually begin with a double bill. This is because we charge in advance but wouldn't normally bill before you're installed. That means the first bill would cover the first month of services that you've already used, as well as the month to come. Moving forwards, you would just be charged in advance as normal.

If you take a closer look at the bill itself, you should see a breakdown of the charges as well as the period this bill is for. If you moved home in the middle of your existing bill period, you may find that there are pro rata charges to realign your bills with your new services. If you're unsure, I'd recommend taking a look at our advice about first bills or how to understand the information provided in your bill

Thanks,

Rachael

0 Kudos