Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Moving house changed contract

I am moving house and spent over an hour on messaging setting up new address and specified that I didnt want a new contract and the agent agreed that I would continue services under a rolling contract.

I have now been sent a new 12 month contract which I don't want. I cant get in touch to ask why this happened or even to cancel my service I have waited hours. What can I do is there a record of the conversation and how do I cancel my services if I cant get in touch ??? Despair

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Moving house changed contract

At the moment there's probably not much you can do, particularly by text or phone, but I would suggest you raise a written (postal) complaint with VM.  Even if they don't process it at the moment, this is a means of proving that you have not agreed to the new contract.  If you were told there wasn't a fixed minimum term then that's binding on VM - they can't drop you into a new contract without your agreement. 

If you're lucky, the forum staff may pick this up and be able to resolve it - that's the best and quickest outcome for everybody.  

If that doesn't happen, and there's any difficulty with VM denying this, you can make a subject data access request to VM for all data including call recordings.  The recording will prove your case, and if they claim to have "lost" the relevant call, then there's no evidence for any new contract, so you're still in the clear.  Should VM try and hold out, then you will need to escalate the complaint to the arbitration service CISAS (making sure you request compensation for the hassle as well as reinstatement of the agreed rolling contract).  If things get to that stage then we are not talking about a quick fix, particularly at this time, but it would be effective.  VM concede or lose the vast majority of complaints to CISAS, according to published data.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Moving house changed contract

I have now been able to get in touch with VM who said that the new contract is generated automatically when address changes?

In fairness the agent did apologise for not explaining that this would happen and e mailed confirming the agreement to stay on the same rolling contract after I move. 

Many thanks 

0 Kudos