Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Moving house / cancelling VM broadband as VM does not supply new house

Hi,

We currently have Virgin Fibre and are moving house in a couple of weeks. Unfortunately Virgin Media doesn't supply to the new house, so we have to cancel our account.

We have tried using the "move house" option on the website, then when we managed to get through on the phone we got pointed here and to a text chat. The text chat is going around in circles even though we are talking to actual people. We have also been trying to get hold of VM on twitter and had no reply.

Our first question is, are going to get charged for cancelling our account if we have to move to a property unsupported by virgin?

Secondly how do we cancel our account at the moment? as nothing seems to work!!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Moving house / cancelling VM broadband as VM does not supply new house

Hi michaelm123,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community.

I'm sorry you're having trouble speaking to the team at the moment and that we're not able to supply your new property.

If we're not able to provide services at your new property then you would need to pay off any early disconnection charges that are applicable. 

You can cancel your account over the phone or via text. If you're having problems on text then you can ask to speak to the retentions team who will be able to cancel the account for you.

Thank you,

Melissa 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Moving house / cancelling VM broadband as VM does not supply new house

if you cancel you'll have to pay the EDF as the contract is for services at the current address. If you move out you are breaking that contract.

You can cancel by phone or post

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos