Menu
alexbj
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Moving house, cancellation problem

Hi all, 

I'm at the end of my tether after being on the phone hours and hours, being told different things by different virgin media phone staff, etc.

I am moving house, but needed there to be an overlap between keeping the internet at my current home and setting it up at my new house. Three weeks ago I made an order, was advised it was best to setup a new account for my new property, and then cancel my current contract when I knew I was moving. The new service was due to be installed this Monday, but they put the house number down wrong, and resolved it by cancelling the order and putting a new one in- new install date in two weeks. Not a disaster, but now resolved. Hopefully.

The problem now is, that ringing up customer services leads to me  being given contradictory information, and the calls have been cut off twice in a row, after waiting on the line for over an hour each time.

I was told very clearly by someone three weeks ago and another worker today that the cancellation fee would be waived and I was transfered to the department who would deal with it, and then the line has died/gone down.

The last person I spoke to said there was no way I should have a new account at my property and I should only be doing a house move and keeping my current contract. I was transfered and the line went dead again. 

I am really at my wits end after spending the best part of 5 hours today trying to get this resolved, and being told something new for every single person I speak to (after waiting an hour to talk to them!)

I really, really, really, really need someone to contact me that knows what they are doing to help resolve this. Even if the outcome is I have to cancel all my orders and contracts and pay a cancellation fee, as long as it gets resolved. 

0 Kudos
Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Moving house, cancellation problem

Hello alexbj

Thanks for your post 

Sorry to hear about this mix up 

The Forums is not used to look at issues like this as we have no ability to amend packages, installations, disconnections etc. 

However if you need me to look at what is happening I can do so 

Please let me know 

Gareth_L

0 Kudos