Menu
Ally25
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Moving home

Hi,

I have just moved to a house which is business address and my account is residential so I got in touch with virgin media and I was told I can only transfer the broadband if the business address is gonna be converted to a residential address so it’s been 2 weeks now since I’m waiting for virgin media to convert the address, got in touch with them every single day and got the same answer, you have to wait 24 to 48 hours then we will contact you with an update which never happened, also I was told if I want to cancel the contract I will have to pay the fees, I just don’t understand why do I have to pay if they can actually transfer the services is not my fault that they don’t convert the address! I have no idea what should I do!

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Moving home

Hi there @Ally25

Welcome to our Community and thanks so much for your first post - I was sorry to understand that there is an issue with your new home and that it's not currently registered for residential services. 

Whilst I'm not able to make promises in regard to your account, we are more than happy to check things out and see what the situation is. Not all business address are able to have residential accounts - it does depend on the area in question. 

If you are still in contract at your old property and choose to leave, then early disconnection fee's will apply. These would be a maximum of £240 and you can read more about the charges here 

I've not been able to locate any account information from your forum information so I'll pop you a Private Message so we can take some information and pass security with you. Look out for the Purple Envelope in the top right of the page and pop me a reply when you can. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Moving home

Hi @Ally25

Thanks so much for your Private Message - so pleased to understand that all has been resolved since your first post; we do appreciate the update

Hope you have a good weekend - stay safe

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos