Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Moving home

I have recently moved home and transferred my virgin media services over. Today I have tried logging into my account online and it says I am no longer with virgin media. I have tried to register again using my new account details but it wont let me use my email address and I don't have another email, this is my only form of email contact. Not sure why I would need to register again, thought it would be as simple as just transferring over not having a new account created. Has anyone experienced this please as there seems to be no way whatsoever of contacting anyone? Or does anyone know how to contact Virgin? Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Moving home

Hi,

Unfortunately it is becoming more common now that when you move (especially if you are moving from one VM Area ID to another) the agent dealing with the request will close the old account to open the new one at the new address, if it will not let you re-register with the same email address due to the old one "being in use already" your best bet would be to setup another free email for your MyVM account.

Hope this helps
Jake
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am a Virgin Media Field Technician. All and any advice given is based on my experience in the field or my personal experiences with my own set up at home. If my answer was helpful to you please Mark as helpful or consider leaving the post some Kudos.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Want to save £50 off your bill by referring a friend? Send me a PM and ill let you know how!

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Jake. I have moved in the same area code, I am only 2 minutes away from my previous address. I do not want another email account just for Virgin to use to send me bills each month. I really need to speak to someone at Virgin as they have disconnected a day too early and I have a query regarding my new account as it differs to what I previously had. Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi again,

Unfortunately this sounds like you will need to speak with customer services about your account. If you're struggling with getting through to CS and the Live chat is not currently available on the main VM website when signed in, a text message only service is available via: 07533051809 Just send a text with the issue you are facing and someone will get back to you as soon as they can. Please bear in mind at this time this service does also have a high load and may take quite some time to get back to you.

Hope this helps
Jake
I am a Virgin Media Field Technician. All and any advice given is based on my experience in the field or my personal experiences with my own set up at home. If my answer was helpful to you please Mark as helpful or consider leaving the post some Kudos.
Want to save £50 off your bill by referring a friend? Send me a PM and ill let you know how!

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos