Menu
IELTS12
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Moving home / no-service area HUGE exit fee

BEWARE VM EXIT FEES

I should have researched more thoroughly before agreeing to a VM broadband contract so please take note.

My tenancy is up and I'm trying to take VM broadband with me, they don't offer services at my new address so are charging me over £100 early disconnection fee. 

Reading these forums other have / still face this BIG CORPORATE BULLYING behavior - I would like to keep my services, its impossible, so they charge you (a good loyal customer) knowing there is nothing you can do... of course you can TRY and speak to customer services, but after being disconnected a few times and spending hours on hold you give up.

This is NOT TREATING CUSTOMERS FAIRLY  

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Moving home / no-service area HUGE exit fee

Unfortunately VM don't supply cable over the entire country and the account you create is per address.

It's clearly stated in the Terms and Conditions, and also when ordering under the Legal Stuff eg https://www.virginmedia.com/shop 

What if I cancel or move home? If you cancel during the minimum period, you may need to pay an early disconnection fee, including when you move to a property outside of the Virgin Media Network area – this is because you will be asking to cancel your services early. The Virgin Media network does not cover all of the UK – please use our post code checker here to check availability. You can find more details on the early disconnection fee and process by visiting the Legal Stuff section of the website here. For the full terms and conditions please click here

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Moving home / no-service area HUGE exit fee

It's not Virgins fault you decided to move to a non cabled area