Menu
fi5fi
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Moving home -getting billed

Anyone had anything similar ? 
I told virgin that I was being evicted from my home in advance . 
That I wouldn’t need their service after 31st of October. 

They are sending me a large bill ! 
I always paid every month on time. 

who can I contact who can actually update the records as they should of been thanks .

0 Kudos
jpeg1
Legend
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Moving home -getting billed

Two questions

1. How did you cancel the contract and did you give 30 days notice?

2. Were you still within an 18 month contract period?

fi5fi
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I went on the moving home section and spoke to the bot with more than 30 days notice . 
it may be less than 18 months 

its so frustrating not being able to talk to anyone . 
I’ve been left hanging even on the what’s up. Page also 🤦‍♀️🤷‍♀️

0 Kudos
jpeg1
Legend
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Are you intending to continue with Virginmedia at a new address? If not then the moving home is the wrong option. You need a straight cancellation. 

0 Kudos
Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi fi5fi, thanks for posting and welcome back to our community.

Sorry to hear that your disconnection was not actioned. I would like to take a look on your behalf. I am going to send you a private message. Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of your screen.

Regards

Lee_R

0 Kudos
fi5fi
Tuning in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

It’s been awful .. I went on the moving bot back in September, did a screen shot just in case to prove that I’d definitely told them about my eviction from my home at the end of October. Thus I can’t currently provide a forwarding address. 
The process really needs to be reviewed imo … all the other utility companies actioned fine ..  it’s just been virgin .. 

They never cancelled their end .

it’s been so stressful during what is already a stressful situation for me st the moment .

I’ve now sent a cheque for an extra months use to appease them to a Nottingham address . 

0 Kudos
Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Fi5fi,

Thanks for your reply on the forums about this unfortunate situation, I am sorry this is causing so much frustration and anxiety for you. 

I am afraid the bot would not be able to process a cancellation, our agents need to go through security and get your consent before a cancellation can be done. The bot is only a triage tool to get you to the correct team for your query, it is not something that can process complex actions on the account.

However, I see that my colleague Lee has already PM'ed you, please reply to him private message and he will be able to help further. 

Just look for the purple envelope in the top right corner 🙂

Thanks,

Megan_L

0 Kudos
fi5fi
Tuning in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Megan it’s helped to now know that the bot can’t actually do anything . 
I had to reset my security details more than twice to which there is a 24 hour wait period each time before it can be used . 
causing further delays and billing . 
I’m fortunate enough to still have employment and so working away hasn’t helped on my part with the communications either .

move learnt that the system access is instant if you call Cape Town ..but not in the uk if that helps anyone else to know . 

I don’t know how a much older person would cope with this . 

0 Kudos