Menu
RRowley21
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Moving home - confirming that account has been cancelled?

I am moving home and Cable isn't available at my new home so I need to cancel the account. I tried to do this through online chat. The Virgin rep said the cancellation was registered and then I asked what to do with the old equipment. I think that must have been a question too far as I was then told that the rep had to leave their desk for 30 mins and would reply on their return. Well I waited 40 mins and no reply so gave up.

My question now is how can I tell that the cancellation is definitely in place? I can't see anything about it on my account and after being left hanging like that I have no confidence that anything has been done about my move. I really don't want to go through the rigmarole of online chat again, it took 45 mins just to get as far as I did with it because I didn't know my password - and I was surprised to be asked for my bank sort code as one of the security questions!

0 Kudos
apcyberax
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Moving home - confirming that account has been cancelled?

your bank sort code is no secret its a normal security question
RRowley21
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I have found my account says that today I placed an order for phone broadband and TV - is this correct if I'm cancelling?

0 Kudos
Emily_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the post Rrowley21.

We can't put through package changes or cancellations including house moves on the forums.

You can go through these with the team over 150/0345 454 1111.

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos