cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving home and being placed on to a new contract without consent

kenji2023
Tuning in

Hi All,

In March 2022, I entered into an 18-month contract with Virgin Media, which was scheduled to conclude in September 2023. Around March this year, I moved to a new residence and, naturally, I reached out to Virgin Media to facilitate the transition of my existing contract to my new address.

However, upon logging into my Virgin Media account, I was astounded to discover that my contract had been unilaterally altered to a new 24-month term, commencing from a weird date after my house moving. This adjustment was made without my explicit consent or notification, and it defies the terms of our initial agreement. Additionally, the newly imposed charges of £40 per month will commence soon, starkly contrast with the £20.50 per month I was previously paying.

This situation is both confounding and frustrating, exacerbated by the extensive wait times when attempting to contact a customer service agent. As a loyal Virgin Media customer, I expected a seamless and straightforward transition process for changing my address, which should not result in the imposition of a significantly extended contract and increased charges.

I would like to emphasize that I am prepared to escalate this matter to relevant regulatory authorities, including the ombudsman, if it remains unresolved. I believe in a fair and transparent customer-provider relationship and hope that Virgin Media can address this issue promptly and to my satisfaction.

Your immediate attention to this matter is greatly appreciated.

5 REPLIES 5

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi kenji2023,

Thank you for your post, welcome to the Community Forums. I hope despite the issues with your contract, I hope the move went smoothly.

I'm really sorry to hear this. If you have not arranged for any changes to be made to your package or services due to the home move, you should not have been entered into a new term and your existing contract should have carried on as normal.

I'll pop  you over a private message now so I can look into this with you and get this sorted.

Beth

kenji2023
Tuning in

I am getting timely help from this community and the complaint channel.  For those with similar issue, I'd suggest you make use of this platform rather than going through the hotline / chatbot to save time for both sides.

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @kenji2023,

Thank you for getting back to us via private message so we could look into things. I'm glad that we've now been able to address and resolve your concerns.

Please do let us know if there's anything more that we can help you with.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

kenji2023
Tuning in

Hi Zach,

I wanted to express my gratitude for your assistance in addressing and resolving the concerns I raised. Your prompt response and dedication to resolving the matter are greatly appreciated.

Despite the initial hassle, I'm relieved that everything has been sorted out now. Thank you for your support throughout this process.

Thanks again for your help.

Best regards

Hi @kenji2023,

You're welcome. You know where we are if you ever need our help again in the future.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!