Menu
SanStarko
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Moving and New Contract Cancelled - Maybe?

I move home at the end of this month.  Called end of last week to cancel my service, I'm not in any contract anymore so there'd be no issues there.  Plan was to cancel, then after I'd moved in I'd decide what I wanted to do with broadband in the new property.  But the person on the phone offered me a decent deal to stick with Virgin, which was upgraded broadband and a cheaper fee so decided to go with it.

Everything came through via email regards the new contract, and sure enough it's the same speed broadband as I'm on already, not upgraded at all.  That's issue number one.  Then I got a message that they'd have to do work to connect my new house to Virgin, which would include some digging.  As I don't own the house yet, and I'm well within my 14 day cooling off period I decided to stick to my original plan and just cancel with Virgin, get moved in and then decide what to do.

Called earlier today to cancel everything, the person I was speaking to do didn't want the new account number, even though I offered it.  Said I'd get email confirmation that it everything was cancelled, I've had nothing.  Didn't say anything about how I'm supposed to be sending back the Superhub.  Told me I'd be getting a refund, but no idea if that is going to be going to my old address or new one.

Short of calling up again and going through all this again, is there anyway to see if my new contract is actually cancelled?

0 Kudos
Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Moving and New Contract Cancelled - Maybe?

Hey @SanStarko

Thanks for taking the time to post this issue on our forums.

I'm really sorry to hear of the experience that you have had dealing with the team on his issue. The agent that you spoke to should have taken the information to confirm the account and for you to pass data protection. 

I have been able to locate your account and can see that your move has been cancelled and returned back to your original disconnection date.

The equipment returns packaging will be sent to your old address and would usually get to your address 10 days after the disconnection date.

I can advise you about your refund amount but we would need to discuss this over a private message, I can also tell you the disconnection date, if you don't already know this but it would need to be private not in the open forum.

Would you like to discuss this further in a private message conversation?  

Regards

Steven_L

SanStarko
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Moving and New Contract Cancelled - Maybe?

Cheers for the response.  I've sent you a private message.

0 Kudos