cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving abroad - cancellation fees

Itty_123
Joining in

Hi, 

I entered into a 24 month contract in February this year for virgin media broadband. 

I will be moving abroad to the Middle East towards the end of this year, I called virigin media today to see what cancellation fees are applicable and I was advised I would need to pay the remainder of my contract if I were to cancel before the contract end date. This works out around £450 which I'm going to struggle with, has anyone else had a similar situation? 

Is there any other option? 

I've cancelled my sky subscription and they only charged a cancellation fee of around £60 which wasn't too bad. 

Didn't expect this from viegin media. 

Any advice is appreciated. 

Thank you 

2 REPLIES 2

Cardiffman282
Super solver

I think it should be capped at £288 in your case:

If your current contract with us started prior to 4th April 2023, any Early Disconnection Fee will be capped at £288 (includes VAT). If you are a new or recontracting customer on or after 4 April 2023, this cap does not apply.

---------------
Cancel VM here
Complain to VM
here
Demand compensation from VM here
Demand your call recordings here
Monitor the state of your VM connection here

Vikki_M
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Itty_123,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community.

As has been mentioned in this thread, If your current contract with us started prior to 4th April 2023, any Early Disconnection Fee will be capped at £288 (includes VAT). If you are a new or recontracting customer on or after 4 April 2023, this cap does not apply.

The full details are here for convenience. 

Please contact the team 30 days prior to the date you wish the service to end and they can scheduled this for you. Please call 150 from a Virgin Media Landline or 03454541111 from any other phone.

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide