Menu
Kerin73
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Moving abroad and closing account process

Hello. I have a question about my account closing process as I did not get any confirmation emails or information from Vrigin media either! 

I called 150 yesterday evening about moving abroad and closing my account but they only asked me the moving date (I gave them 2nd March) and the address where we are going. She didn’t mention about 30 days notice nor my final bill date nor forwarding address for final bill and equipment return package in UK at all.

I don’t know whether my service will be disconnected on 2nd of March (my contract was ended in 6th November 2020 now monthly charge) and get my final bill after that. 

I read a lot of moving abroad and closing account help here. I hope I can get some help as well soon! 

0 Kudos
JitteryPinger
Super solver
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Moving abroad and closing account process

Have you logged into My Virgin Media account and checked if there is any orders tracking?

Should see something like this if its being processed.

30 Day Notice Tracking.30 Day Notice Tracking.

If I've helped please let me know 🙂 Matt

A 10+ Year Virgin Media veteran, been here through the Up's and the Down's and Down's....
Gigabit 5G Vodafone 5G EE BQM Hub 4 BQM Hub 3 BQM Hitron CGNV4 BQM TT BQM

Technical Support - AV & Networking - Customer Service - Finance - Culinary - Construction
Kerin73
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Moving abroad and closing account process

Thank you for your help. I checked the order tracking then I find the order number with the date 2nd Feb! It should be much easier for the customer with the confirmation email though. 

Another issue I concern, I do not want to be charged not returning the equipments. I saw the information about recycling in the virgin media webpage because of pandemics. Can I leave the equipments in the recycling centre without charge??

I won’t need to give them UK address for final billing etc?? Is it the best option to call them again? 

Thank you in advance!

Best wishes

0 Kudos