Menu
MandyB1
Just joined
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Moving Home / cancelling contract

I am moving house and would like Virginmedia in my new home . I contacted the chat line to prepare for when I move. I was told that there was no service in the area I am moving 😢

virgin now want to charge me for the rest of my contract. 
please help as I feel this is unfair 

0 Kudos
crany
Superfast
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Moving Home / cancelling contract

Sadly there is nothing to be done you are breaking the contract and will be subject to the Earl Disconction Fee found here https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/the-legal-stuff/terms-and-conditions-for-fibre-optic-services/early...

Its fair as you agreed this when you took the contact

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

perfectly fair.
You have agreed to a minimum term at the installed address.
You also agreed to the early disconnect fees. they are part of the contract/T&C.

If you do move to a vm area Virgin will not charge an EDF in return for taking service with you.

If you can't get services the EDF is valid. This is capped at a max of £240
Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi @MandyB1,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm afraid that if you terminate your contract of service midway through your agreed term with us, which includes moving to an area that we're unfortunately unable to service at the moment, then an Early Disconnection Fee (or EDF) would be both valid and applicable. You can check to see if an area is currently serviceable using our Postcode Checker tool.

You can find out more about EDFs here, and you can also refer to our Terms & Conditions for additional information.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos