Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Moving Home and leaving Virgin Media

Hi there,

I will move to a new place at the end of the week and completely forgot to give a 30-day notice to Virgin Broadband to end my contract (no Virgin network in my new home).

Is it a problem for the next tenants who will probably move in in the meantime ? In other words, can I still disconnect my broadband/end my contract to let the next tenants set up their own contract before the end of my 30-day notice period ?

Many thanks,

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Moving Home and leaving Virgin Media

The 30 days need to run, but might be able to set account moved away, would really need to have chat customer relations choosing option 1-1-4-5 thinking of leaving us 

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

The Moving Home team will be able to disconnect the account pretty much straight away - and then apply any equivalent 30 day notice period charge to cover the missed notice.

If you've got a Hub 3, remember to take it with you as Virgin Media will send you a returns pack for it (that they can send to your new address as it goes through the post)
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@paultechy wrote:

The 30 days need to run, but might be able to set account moved away, would really need to have chat customer relations choosing option 1-1-4-5 thinking of leaving us 

Just to point out, Customer Relations don't deal with accounts where someone is moving at all, and will just transfer on to the team that does deal with that situation. There is a specific option in the phone menu so you can pick it directly - which is options 1-1-4-4 on the menu (Moving home and you want to cancel your services)

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Ok, thanks very much for your reply

Is it possible to pop in to a Virgin shop with my details to do the same or is calling the only option to cancel a broadband contract (Preferably don’t want to wait on the phone as their lines are very often too busy !)

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Sorry, all they'd do is put you onto the phone line.

The Movers team are usually easy to get through to though as they don't get the amount of calls that Customer Services or the Customer Relations teams do!
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Ok I will try this

thanks again for your reply !

0 Kudos