cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving Home and chat bot doesn't work

TomCave
Joining in

I've been trying to sort out my Virgin Media package to move to a new property in July.

If you click on the "let's chat button" and select "I'm moving home" you just get a check bot variable message and then it closes the conversation. 

image.png

If you go through any of the "help" sections on the website all it does is redirect you back to https://www.virginmedia.com/help/moving-home where the only option you have is to talk to the chatbot that doesn't work so I'm completely stuck. 

1 REPLY 1

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi TomCave

I've just tested the instant messenger for home movers and see the same error as yourself - {$botContext.MoversOOHMessage}  then Closed by agent - It's possible that this is because the department was closed when you tried to get through (Sunday 9.15pm)  and myself (Monday 2.38am)  so it should be accessable during normal weekday office hours 8am to 6pm (possibly 8pm)

I'm afraid the Forum Team can't process home moves.

You can also get in touch with the home movers team by either phone, sms or whatsapp

The quickest contact method is by calling either 150 from a VM landline or mobile, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone, calling around 8am if possible when lines first open and are least busy.

If you don't want to be tied up on the phone you could also you can text VM on 0753 305 1809 or contact the team on WhatsApp on 0730 532 7112. This may take 4-6 hours as phone calls take priority.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali