Menu
NewExcelsior
Dialled in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Moved to Essential broadband - TV still active

I am at the end of my tether with VM, cut a long story short I should now be on Essential Broadband having been successful in my application and it has been confirmed by email. I get up this morning phone is disconnected, fine, problem being the TV service is still active.

Now I can't call in so used the chat and after getting through to a retention agent she had no idea what Essential Broadband was and even suggested it was with another service provider, erm nope. I asked her was she aware of Essential Broadband, nope she knew nothing about it.

Can someone/anyone check my account to confirm what the beep is happening, am I now on Essential Broadband and if so why has my TV not been disconnected yet the landline has, my understanding is Essential Broadband leaves you with just broadband and everything else gets disconnected at no cost to the customer.

So many questions I would like to ask but either can't get through or when I do the agents are clueless, hope someone can help.

0 Kudos
NewExcelsior
Dialled in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Moved to Essential broadband - TV still active

I hate to double post but feel I need to pass on some information for those looking to join the essential broadband.  The website states that it is simply a 2 day turnaround from having placed the order to then being moved onto the new service, this is simply untrue. Just like any other time when you change package it requires 30 days for any change to occur, this information is being passed to the relevant team by retentions as it should be made clearer. 

One other thing to remember, the website states you can change back to your old package at anytime but not at the same price as before, this is true, although you can move back to your old package, you will be charged full price for any service(s) you have, plus you will no longer be eligible for a future deal with discounts.

The only solution is take the broadband essential at £15 pcm, then while on this rolling contract give your notice to leave, obviously this takes another 30 days. After 60 days (2 months) you then become classed as a new VM customer and will become eligible for a new customer deal.

Long winded yes, should be explained more before customers decide to take the essential broadband, it is slightly unfair that you have to leave and wait 60 days before being allowed to be classed as a new customer and allowed a deal with discounts, but I suppose they didn't need to let people like myself out of the deal in the first instance, so I can see it from both sides.

Communication is key in this industry and indeed any customer related business, I feel its the one area VM have to improve upon. Companies who look after customers during a pandemic will be the ones to thrive in the future. I managed to sort out a 100Mbps broadband package at £44 on a 30 day rolling contract which allows me to give my notice of 30 days, and after a further 30 days return as a new customer and be eligible for a new customer deal so it suits me just fine.

0 Kudos
Gamer82
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hey,

so im only finding out about this from a third party.

I had difficult even finding anything about it on thier website.

Its been over two weeks it still hasnt been activated while they still bill me at a higher cost.

despite being told they dont know why it hasnt been turnned in ,  i mean Sure they do they want the extra money lets be honest.

Anyways its been very distressing espically when you have i'll health to deal with and are flagged as vunerable.

Only to be lied to, passed around the call centre, insulted and laughed at an humiliated by a member of staff.

Final insultn i was offerd £5 for my trouble and becuase i declined im appartnley being sent a deadlock letter.

This really is the worst service I have ever had the trouble for using and for one that is more expensive than others its a joke.

Can you link to any info on processing times etc for this package.

Thanks

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Gamer82,

Thank you for your post. Our apologies for any frustration with this. 

I have taken a look on our side and it does show this has been resolved for you. 

Can you confirm if all is sorted for you?

^Martin

0 Kudos
Gamer82
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Martin hi it was sorted but now ive been i correctly billed, i have sent the agent a private message but not had a reply .

I need this fixed please .

• Basically they billed me for a whole previous despite me applying for the essential bband on 6/1/21 and you not connecting it till 22/1/21 despite my multiple caused.and been rudley spoken to and discriminated  by a staff over my health.

I was given credit but.ive been over charged so im due credit back in lue of the error.

Thanks

Tags (1)
0 Kudos