cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moved house, given new account number but can’t use existing virgin media account details

Strider1952
Joining in

Hi,

I've moved into a new area and have been provided a new account number but can't register or use my current/previous details.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Strider1952 

As part of the home move process VM can/should perform a shift and move to transfer your details across from the old account to the new one.

You can either call in and speak to the Home Move team, or wait for a member of the Forum Staff to pick this up for you in a day or two.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Strider1952 

As part of the home move process VM can/should perform a shift and move to transfer your details across from the old account to the new one.

You can either call in and speak to the Home Move team, or wait for a member of the Forum Staff to pick this up for you in a day or two.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Strider1952,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the Forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community. 

Apologies to hear that since moving home, you've not been able to access your My Virgin Media. When you move, you get a new account so therefore My VM needs to be re done. As the email address is already connected to your old address however, we would need to complete a move and transfer as suggested by our wonderful VIP newapollo. 

To do this, I will need to clarify a few details with you. I have sent you a private message regarding this. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Strider1952, 

Thanks for taking the time to come back to me via private message. 

I'm really glad all is resolved for you now. 

If you have any further issues, please pop back and let us know.

Take care, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

I'm having this same issue, would you be able to assist me with this please?

Hi @thatsolguy,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm very sorry to hear you're having a bit of trouble with getting our new My Virgin Media account set up. I'm going to send you a private message in a few moments so we can take some further details and get this looked into. Please respond to this at your earliest convenience and we can go from there.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi @thatsolguy,

Thank you for getting back to us via private message. I'm glad that we've been able to address and resolve your issue for you.

Please do let us know if there's anything more that we can assist you with.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!